Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good video editing software recommendations

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Good video editing software recommendations

Hi everyone,

We are looking for good video editing software to edit our exclusive videos we have been shooting. We need something reasonable but also high quality and easy to use.

Also need something to transfer all the videos into the different formats.

Thanks for your help and have a great weekend everyone.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    Hi everyone,

We are looking for good video editing software to edit our exclusive videos we have been shooting. We need something reasonable but also high quality and easy to use.

Also need something to transfer all the videos into the different formats.

Thanks for your help and have a great weekend everyone.

Mark
    I've been using Vegas Video (now just known as "Vegas") since version 2.0..you just can't go wrong with this program. It is EXCELLENT! Now up to version 5.0. (Sony bought the video division out from Sonic Foundry).

JustMe
    Greetings:

Before the Cult of the Mac finds this thread:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/

Has some GREAT products that I can't speak highly enough about.

CBLCasey
    I have also heard very good things about Sony Vegas.

video vegas rocks! but if you want to try something cheaper, try video edit magic - it does a good job, and it's under $100. or ulead video studio - also good, also under $100.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For encoding from whatever your source format is into files for web use, I recommend Sorenson Squeeze. It does batch conversion into most commonly used formats, including Real Media, Windows Media, Flash, Quicktime, and a number of others.

You can set all of the conversion specifications for each file type, set up multiple conversions (such as WMF low bandwidth, WMF high bandwidth, Quicktime low, Flash) in a batch file, and then set Squeeze to look at a particular directory and start converting whenever it finds files there.

It also seems to be much faster than the encoders in Premiere (which we use).

Newton
    Sorenson Squeeze is excellent as is Canopus Procoder and Discreet Cleaner, for a package it ranges between Sony Vegas Video and Adobe Premier, but I do like Vegas myself too and very easy to use.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for the awesome input. Anyone have Vegas Video for sale, . Seems like it runs around 500, does that sounds about right?

Thanks,
    Mark

I use both vegas and sorenson squeeze, vegas is awesome with the editing part, very easy to use and intuitive, but its not very good at creating small files. That's where sorenson comes into play. And a big thank you to Slade for pointing me to vegas a while back!

cheers,
    Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    Thanks everyone for the awesome input. Anyone have Vegas Video for sale, . Seems like it runs around 500, does that sounds about right?

Thanks,
    Mark
    I've found good deals on software on Ebay, but you gotta read carefully to make sure you're getting a legit copy, original disk, etc and not a burned CD.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    I love the pinnical products, the studio 9 is basic but unless you are doing picture in picture stuff or complex things then this is the one i use the most. up from that i use adobe or pinical liquid.

they do more but take longer to do
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

caliente4sex
    I use Vegas from Sony... excelent product. :francais:

curiousbunny
    I use Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 its great, it runs at around 500 also but i think its on sale for 300
    http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm

when you're ready to stop playing with toys and come play with the BIG boys, buy a G5, and let's talk. :jasun:

actually, I'm kidding.

For what you're most likely gonna need, yeah FCPHD is probably like using a bazooka to shoot a duck.

Sorenson Squeeze is amazing for after-encoding... and there's lots of great programs that can help you out.

but yeah, Honestly, nothing compares to FCP for editing... or compares favorably, anyway.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    when you're ready to stop playing with toys and come play with the BIG boys, buy a G5, and let's talk. :jasun:

actually, I'm kidding.

For what you're most likely gonna need, yeah FCPHD is probably like using a bazooka to shoot a duck.

Sorenson Squeeze is amazing for after-encoding... and there's lots of great programs that can help you out.

but yeah, Honestly, nothing compares to FCP for editing... or compares favorably, anyway.
    Hey Jasun, can you define your abbreviations, . What is FCPHD? Thanks a bunch.

Mark