Thread: Adobe Finally Buys Macromedia

JustMe

Adobe Finally Buys Macromedia

Greetings:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/18/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

I've been waiting to see this one happen for a LONG time now. In the not so distant future, we're going to start seeing some REALLY cool new and/or updated design apps coming from Adobe!

:thumbsup:

Dzinerbear
    That's too bad. It's generally better to prevent behemoths from becoming bigger. Imagine if Walmart were allowed to buy Target and JCPenny.

dzinerbear

xenigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    That's too bad. It's generally better to prevent behemoths from becoming bigger. Imagine if Walmart were allowed to buy Target and JCPenny.

dzinerbear
    My guess is the government wouldn't blink if Walmart wanted to buy Target or JCPenny.

Camper than a row of tents
    I think this is great news. IMO Macromedia has dropped the ball over the past few years. Flash still has huge potential, so maybe Adobe can make the advancements happen faster.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    I think this is great news. IMO Macromedia has dropped the ball over the past few years. Flash still has huge potential, so maybe Adobe can make the advancements happen faster.
    I was just posting the same thing, Matt.

Does anyone think that this merger will bring the pricing down? Or do they now have the markets are will raise prices?

Just wondering...

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    good for adobe! :thumbsup: , unfortunately for the rest of us the price of "flesh"..err.."flash" has just gone up! :goof:

sincerely ~ ..."buy stock!"... :francais:

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Alan
    I was just posting the same thing, Matt.

Does anyone think that this merger will bring the pricing down? Or do they now have the markets are will raise prices?

Just wondering...

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Well I Just found out about this at Yahoo news and they say their stocks are up.

Hmmm or are you talking about the prices of their software? Man I hope the sticker price doesn't go up.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Well I Just found out about this at Yahoo news and they say their stocks are up.

Hmmm or are you talking about the prices of their software? Man I hope the sticker price doesn't go up.
    I'm talking about the software
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im more than certain both types of cost will go up with this.

Its cost them a pretty penny.

They should have bought several years ago before Macromedia was worth as much LOL

Regards,

Lee

Be nice if a lot of the toys avail in Adobe now get added to Fireworks.

titmowse
    All the geeks are hopped up about this one. Hope it works out as good as we dream.
    Last edited by titmowse; 04-19-2005 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo

this should be interesting, hopefully they will be able to take the best of both companies and make some truely killer apps!

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    Yes, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'll be looking to see if ImageReady, which everyone says is inferior, gets replaced with Fireworks.

And will the floundering Freehand quietly disappear with Illustrator taking over?

I don't know if Macromedia so much dropped the ball on Flash as the web killed it. Remember when Flash was the greatest thing and everybody on the planet had a Flash splash page? And then, just like that, the web revolted and Flash was done, relegated to the entertainment sector and designers who wanted to show off. I suppose where Flash dropped the ball was in not showing the world all of the wonderful places where Flash was appropriate.