Thread: Don told me to pm this but I figured I would ask in public

sarahwebinc

Don told me to pm this but I figured I would ask in public

and maybe more than me will be helped.

I have a friend who is going to be shooting some content. Now, I have never shot more than myself so I don't have any real clue. He downloaded a model release somewhere and is now more confused than he was when he started. He asked me what two forms of id are valid (do they both have to be photo) and also on the form he downloaded there are places for the signatures for three witnesses. He wants to know how many (if any) he needs in reality.

You can tell I don't work in the content game, huh?

he needs to have a drivers license or passport.

for second i.d., which not everyone requires, but is a damned good idea he could use passport and drivers license, or he for second i.d. he could use a photo school or work i.d.

i have seen modeling releases without a spot for witness sig, but your friend would be very wise to spend an hour consultation with one of the fine fifth amendment/adult industry attorneys about this. laws differ from place to place, and situation to situation.

also - is your friend in the u.s.?

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    model releases vary from "photographer" to "photographer" ( mine has a stipulation that at no time may the model touch my body! ) :goof:
    i would suggest that your friend "download" 3 model release forms from the net and make his/her own out of the "general points!" ( name/age/sex/etc. )
    the common acceptance practice is 2 "current" forms of i.d , 1 with a photo and if possible "shoot" a couple of pics of the model holding the i.d next to their face ( proof you actually "shot" the model should you decide to sell the set as content! )
    hope the above helps!

sincerely ~ ..."supermodel! , now turn to the left!"... :francais:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Thanks for helping Sarah out, everyone. Working in sales, I don't deal hands on with the models and releases, and I didn't want to give Sarah the wrong info.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Dzinerbear
    Chad Belville, who is a lawyer and on this board, is in Prague at the moment. I'm sure if you pm'd him, he'd get back to you or reply to this post when he returns.

dzinerbear

sarahwebinc
    thanks everyone and yup he is American. Yet another biz connection I made on my trip..San Fran this time.

JustBryce
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    ... one of the fine fifth amendment/adult industry attorneys about this.
    Hopefully, you'll only need one of the fine 1st amendment attorneys, . If you are already having to worry about self-incrimination and double jeopardy, then proper model releases are probably not going to help much.

Seriously, Sarah, basschick is right. Hire a lawyer familiar with the adult industry. They have model releases already drawn up and ready to go. Ours is 6 pages long, but is very protective. I'd share it, but is (c) by the attorney who uses it for his other adult webmater clients.

sarahwebinc
    yeah, I told him to have a lawyer look over things. At this stage I am just trying to calm him a down a bit from thinking he was going to take DNA prints of these models or something and have half a village witness it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahwebinc
    yeah, I told him to have a lawyer look over things. At this stage I am just trying to calm him a down a bit from thinking he was going to take DNA prints of these models or something and have half a village witness it.
    LOL! Although this would make quite a reality tv show.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com