Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay it forward ... pass it on

Dzinerbear

Pay it forward ... pass it on

Hey all,

I complained yesterday in a thread about how piss poor this industry is about replying to e-mail. I had some time tonight, so I went through one of my inboxes. Geezuz, I saw all of this untended to stuff. A lot of it just got buried amongst 100 opened and read e-mails, but ones that were still sitting in my inbox. So, I'm going to do a purge here, perhaps you'd like to spend 30 minutes going through your inbox and add your unfinished business here. Maybe we can get some energy moving and maybe we can get some business done with one another.

- I got some pictures from Amateur Straight Guys to make a full-page ad; I didn't do it.

- BDBionic sent me some AWOL Marine pics and links to hosted galleries, I haven't used them yet.

- I signed up for Brendan Bucks but didn't get their banners on my site yet.

- I signed up with Men with Cams and put one link on my link list, I said I'd get banners up on my site, I didn't.

- I signed up with Pat and Sam and haven't put up their banners yet.

- I signed up with British Twinks and didn't get their banners yet.

- I've got some CDs to review that BDBionic sent me.

- I've got some bear movies to review for XonDemand.

All these things have been put on my to do list and I'm going to try and get them done this weekend.

How about you?
    How many people / sites could you help by getting nine things out of your inbox?

cheers
    dzinerbear

Mamakity
    Michael,
    Your so awesome! Way to look inside your own glass house. Great thread. Good luck and angels speed on accomplishing your tasks. :thumbsup:

P.S.
    Did you get my icq from a couple days ago??? hehe

Dzinerbear
    Oh man. Another one.
    Can you jump online tomorrow and try and get me at work?
    Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Does anyone want to answer 9 or so emails from my inbox?

I swear every time i answer one another 10 come right back in LOL

Regards,

Lee

This is such a common thing, I also try to review my emails once a week to make sure I got through everything plus my calendar / reminders in outlook is chocka!

My biggest problem is that I never seem to get time to implement my ideas, I have like 1000 things that I want to do when I get free time, and when I get free time I find myself wandering over here to have a wee relaxer. oh well thats not such a bad thing I guess.

cheers,
    Luke

i go through my emails, but it takes soooo much time. i use any content that falls within useable parameters for me within 48 hours of receiving it.

on the other hand, i have a LOT of stuff that i never find time to do... i asked one program for access to their site to write a review. now, i hope i find the time - it's been a month

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Thanks, Michael. I needed that.

I went through my inboxes yesterday with a vengence. I even told Lee to leave me alone for a while so I can get it done (that lasted 5 minutes hehehehe). Sad thing is I just finished it all a moment ago.

Now I thought I was relatively on top of things. UGH!

My 'To Do List' is now 5 pages :cry:

Well time to get to work

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Dzinerbear
    But doesn't it feel liberating to (a) not have an inbox that's 10 scrolls long and (b) to have it all down on a list as to what you need to do.

Now, if you could just get Lee to even open his e-mail.

dzinerbear

Madame0120
    Oh Man! I feel like I just got spanked! I have been VERY BAD returning e-mails from the Phoenix Forum.

I know I filed them to reply, but with the ole Homestead sick for the first 2 weeks of this month, I know I'm a month behind! I haven't forgotten ya'll, just trying to get back on track after weeks of waiting for everyone to stop heaving.

Naturally, I didn't get sick, more like sick of sick ppl.

PS I empty my mail box twice a day. Used to be I'd have 100s of junk pieces just sitting there .. roy sorta made me start doing it that way. He's a hard taskMaster when it comes to business..

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    But doesn't it feel liberating to (a) not have an inbox that's 10 scrolls long and (b) to have it all down on a list as to what you need to do.

Now, if you could just get Lee to even open his e-mail.

dzinerbear

The scrolling was a MAJOR issue! I've always loved having a no scroll inbox and ANYtime I had to use that bar I could feel the tension building. LOL It does feel great. Although, the book of a To Do list IS a bit scary but I'm working on it already and have half of the first page completed

As for Lee... I don't ask, and he don't tell... unless I need to know LMAOPIP

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    ...and I forgot to ICQ WWC-DonMike and profess my undying love and devotion to him.
    Awww, that's okay darlin'. I forgive you.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Okay, how many of you scrolled backwards to see if he really did say that? LOL!!! :egypt:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Mamakity
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Okay, how many of you scrolled backwards to see if he really did say that? LOL!!! :egypt:

I did. That was good. hehehe

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike

SHIT! You bad boy!

I think that Dzinerbear's idea is a great one and is going high on my "to-do" list The last time I went through my inbox, it was scary how many things were there that needed attention, or opportunities I found that I hadn't followed up on... I think that a lot of us are just too busy to keep track of it all.

We recently implemented a ticket system for our customer and affiliate support emails, and it's been a godsend. Now every contact, from affiliate inquiries to technical problems to website suggestions, is logged and given a tracking number, and I can log into the site, respond, and either close the issue if it's done, or leave it open until the person responds, or put it on hold. It's really made things more organized -- and speeded up our response time in most cases, especially since it has a built-in canned response feature where I've set up about 25 responses. Anyone interested can check out the customer interface at www.mrcsupport.com.