Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Quicktime

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Installing Quicktime

Does anyone know if there is a way to install quicktime without itunes?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Does anyone know if there is a way to install quicktime without itunes?
    I installed mine from this link
    http://www.download.com/QuickTime/30...ml?tag=lst-0-1

I don't think it installed any itunes stuff since I dont see any itunes icons or anything like that just quicktime. It prompts for a serial # just press next and it will continue. Let me know if that helps/worked.

Thank you CuriousBunny!!! That worked perfectly. You rock!!! :thumbsup:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by WWC-DonMike
    Thank you CuriousBunny!!! That worked perfectly. You rock!!! :thumbsup:
    Your Welcum !

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah i had to re-install my version a month or two back about 5 times to figure out why iTunes kept being installed too LOL

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    there's a standalone version on apple's page too

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ - right under the lanugage selection

Xstr8guy
    I can understand not wanting to bog down your computer with unnecessary programs running in the background but Itunes rocks, .

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I can understand not wanting to bog down your computer with unnecessary programs running in the background but Itunes rocks, .
    You know, I've been told all about the virtues of Itunes and it does seem like a groovy program, but the thing is that I'm a PC person (no jokes, you apple people) and I just hate having to use a huge program like itunes and then go into anohter huge program like musicmatch when I need to rip mp3's. Plus, I don't have an ipod and still need to burn cds for my mp3 player, so those funky files that Itunes uses don't do anything for me because my mp3 player won't play them.

Truth be told, I prefer Winamp over all of them because I can just click one button to add the songs I want at that very moment. I thing the big programs have so many bells and whistles that they forgot some of us need instant gratification.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    Not true Don! Itunes purchased music can be burned to disc and played on any CD player. And Itunes can convert your discs to mp3 format, not just Apple's proprietary format.

It' really the only music player/converter/ripper that you need. And their store is awesome. For example, I bought New Order's new album 1 full month before it gets released on disc.

Not true Don! Itunes purchased music can be burned to disc and played on any CD player. And Itunes can convert your discs to mp3 format, not just Apple's proprietary format.

It' really the only music player/converter/ripper that you need. And their store is awesome. For example, I bought New Order's new album 1 full month before it gets released on disc.
    Really??? Awesome. Will it convert my wav files to mp3 and mp3's to wav? And when I buy files from the itunes store will they download in mp3 or just the apple files?

BTW, when did you become a rep for itunes? LOL!!!

Acutally, since we are on the subject. Does anyone know a good program that converts mp3 to wav and back again? WMV to mp3?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    Oh god, now your asking questions that I can't answer.

With non-Itunes purchased music you can convert to and from many formats including mp3 and wav. I'm not so sure that you have all the options with music purchased from Itunes. For example, they limit the number of times that Itunes purchased music can be burned to disc.

I'm sure there are some Itunes experts around here that can clear-up the lies I've told. I've had Itunes for a couple years, but honestly all I've done is buy and listen, . I just burned my first disc with Itunes a few weeks ago and it was so easy and painless that I'm still amazed.

Oh god, now your asking questions that I can't answer.
    Dude, I just re-read my post and it totally sounds like I'm going "oh yeah, well can your program do this? or this? or this?" LOL! I totally didn't mean it that way. Anyway, I'll have to give it a try. In all honesty, I'm just too lazy to teach myself how to set it all up. That's the bottom line. Heh heh.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Xstr8guy
    Lol Don, don't worry! I'm not that sensitive. I just don't want to give you the wrong information. I can just see you going home tonight and downloading Itunes and when you start it up you think to yourself, "that fucking xstr8guy said it can do this and that, this program is a piece of shit!" Lol.

Lol Don, don't worry! I'm not that sensitive. I just don't want to give you the wrong information. I can just see you going home tonight and downloading Itunes and when you start it up you think to yourself, "that fucking xstr8guy said it can do this and that, this program is a piece of shit!" Lol.
    LOL! While I do go home and scream your name, I'm not sitting at the computer when I do it. That would be silly, my hands are usually full.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    itunes is ok, but runs rather lagged on my PC for some reason.

and if their music was at leas 192Kbps encoded or more I'd be a happy buyer but .... it's not