Thread: Pop-Up Blocker Stats?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Pop-Up Blocker Stats?

Does anyone know if there are any stats on the amount of surfers who utilize popup console blocking programs and which ones are the most popular?

Also, is it possible to deny a surfer access to a site if they DO use a console stopping software?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Lee

robin
    IE 6, SP2 would probably be the biggest right now. The default is set to block most popups.

I'm not sure about the individual pop up blocking programs though.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Agree with Robin, not sure if there are any actual stats on pop up blockers but both IE and Firefox are set to automatically block pop ups, most of the new toolbars like Google, Yahoo and MSN also have pop up blockers enabled and then you have the biggest one of all, XP Sp2... add the firewalls, anty spyware programs now and I'd say you got a lot more than 50% of the surfer population using blockers whether they even know it or not.

just my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Here's a thread on a webmaster board: http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum20/832.htm

The poster has some experience where his stats are showing that out of every 100 unique visitors, 35 of them are getting his popup.

Here's another one, I think it's the same guy:
    http://www.searchengineforums.com/ap...::advertising/

I did a search in Google for pop up blocker stats and came up largely with sites offering to kill pop ups. Then I did pop up stats and pretty much came up with the same stuff.

cheers
    dzinerbear