Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are you lazy?

xenigo

are you lazy?

Ever go an entire week and realize that you haven't really done shit? Last Sunday I promised myself I'd bust my ass this entire week doing galleries for my site. Well, that promise moved to Tuesday. Now it's Thursday night and I still haven't done it.

Sometimes I wish I had a supervisor. Oh wait, fuck that, I wish I had an employee that would be responsible for this stuff. At least I could hold someone accountable that wasn't myself.

:turtle:

wow, i can't even imagine this! when i work for myself, i put in around 60 hours a week. when i take some writing jobs, i work around 75 or so. after all, this is our job

xenigo
    I've been on the phone with advertisers off and on this whole week. So I suppose I've gotten something done. Not really what I wanted to get done, though. I swear the thought of doing galleries gives me the biggest migrane.

if you don't have time, hire a gallery designer... voila!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I'm a pure workaholic. I got that from my Mom. I work an easy 60+ hours a week and still need to work more. I love my job though so that helps alot.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xenigo
    Ever go an entire week and realize that you haven't really done shit? Last Sunday I promised myself I'd bust my ass this entire week doing galleries for my site. Well, that promise moved to Tuesday. Now it's Thursday night and I still haven't done it.

Sometimes I wish I had a supervisor. Oh wait, fuck that, I wish I had an employee that would be responsible for this stuff. At least I could hold someone accountable that wasn't myself.

:turtle:
    I make jokes like that all the time. Excuse me for not knowing, but what is it you do?

Mark

xenigo
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I make jokes like that all the time. Excuse me for not knowing, but what is it you do?

Mark
    I met you at the gay webmaster bash at Internext Miami in 2003.

I run a single paysite at the moment. I shoot all the content for it, and I also shoot content for a number of other sites as well. Since launching the site, I put my content business on hold. Kinda hurt me, but I feel it's a change that was long needed.

Now I'm working on streamlining my day to day responsibilities. Figuring out the best tour update schedule, content updates, etc. I work typically from around 10am to midnight, hmm... usually 7 days a week. LOL Often times talking to other webmasters about sales strategies and marketing, and also working on affiliate support as well.

I have a strategy and a timeline that I'm following, more or less. A lot of it is trial and error, figuring out what works and what doesn't. It occasionally gets a bit discouraging but I try and stay positive.

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I'm totally lazy. I love getting up at 11:00 am. There nothing before that time that interests me. Check my email, go for a walk, eat, play the keyboards, repeat. I usually only end up working 3 hours a day. Yes, that makes me lazy.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Totally Lazy... always was, always will be.. it is like a badge of honour, and it is fun too. Besides, someone has to do it.. though I have to admit, sitting at the computer for 14 hours a day is starting to make me think that being lazy isn't all its cracked up to be.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    I've been too lazy to check this thread until now.

Dzinerbear
    I'm a workaholic. I have a full-time job and I run four sites. I get three weeks vacation a year, and thus far, I take one week about every fourth month just so I can get caught up on all my own stuff. I don't want to do this forever, but that's how it is at the moment.

This week I did fuck all after work. I watched television. Every once in a while I just don't feel like doing anything, so I don't.

By the way, xenigo, what kind of content do you shoot? Do you ever sell any of it?

dzinerbear

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    geez, it sounds like the workaholics on this thread outnumber the "lazyholics" by a significant margin.

I'll add AJ and I to the workaholic list. We don't plan to do it forever, but right now it just seems like there aren't enough hours in a day to get everything done we want to accomplish...

You know it's sad when it's a big deal that he actually took time to have dinner with a prospective boyfriend... or a big deal that I took time to get a massage from a bodyworker friend

But I agree with Mark... we enjoy the work, have great people to work with, and there's a lot of flexibility that comes with this business

Newton
    The work never stops and i adore it, wouldnt have it any other way, so everyday is fantastic

xenigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    By the way, xenigo, what kind of content do you shoot? Do you ever sell any of it?
    I shoot high-end hardcore and softcore thug and twink content. I sell the twink content on an exclusive-only basis.

I shot everything on GhettoThugs.com and also have some other samples on StudioContent. The Dylan sets BTW, have not been sold once yet. So if you're looking to purchase some excellent content, this is an exceptional deal. Contact info is on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by xenigo
    I met you at the gay webmaster bash at Internext Miami in 2003.

I run a single paysite at the moment. I shoot all the content for it, and I also shoot content for a number of other sites as well. Since launching the site, I put my content business on hold. Kinda hurt me, but I feel it's a change that was long needed.

Now I'm working on streamlining my day to day responsibilities. Figuring out the best tour update schedule, content updates, etc. I work typically from around 10am to midnight, hmm... usually 7 days a week. LOL Often times talking to other webmasters about sales strategies and marketing, and also working on affiliate support as well.

I have a strategy and a timeline that I'm following, more or less. A lot of it is trial and error, figuring out what works and what doesn't. It occasionally gets a bit discouraging but I try and stay positive.
    Oh ok now I remember. Sorry I did not reconize you. It was nice to meet you. Sounds like you know what you are doing and are a hard worker.

Mark