Thread: Multiple Processors and crediting webmasters

Dzinerbear

Multiple Processors and crediting webmasters

Hey all,

There is a site that I would like to promote and they use both ccbill and Paycom to process. I signed up with their ccbill program, but that won't allow me to get credited if a surfer buys the Paycom option. I contacted the site owner and he'd love to work with me to resolve this issue so that I'll get credit regardless of the processor who gets the sale. How do we achieve this?

Thanks,
    dzinerbear

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Isn't that what NATS or that MPwhatever are supposed to do? integrate multiple processing agents but give you one code for the webmaster? However I did see in one webmaster section that ccBill doesn't integrate with one of them, think it was in Bel Ami so maybe BDbionic can answer that one..

not much help, sorry.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

i'm not sure if they still do - however, ccbill used to allow you to send your declines to any page you want. if that is still true, he might be able to send to a mirror tour just for you that sends your declines to a "sorry - your card was declined. would you like to try our secondary processor?" page with your epoch code in the join link.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Your sponsor needs some sort of support for cascading billing with affiliate support. This is what NATS, MPA3, ExecutiveStats and many others do.

I think that BassChick's idea will work... ccbill does allow you to send a decline anywhere you want... problem is, your sponsor would have to make a custom CCBill signup form just for you that on a decline cascades to Paycom and passes your Paycom affiliate ID.

But if the site you're promoting is planning on doing any sort of business with affiliates, they will need stats software anyway. NATS, MPA3, and ExecStats are all relatively expensive for a small site ($300-500/month) but there are some less expensive options out there... there was a recent thread where I was asking about alternatives to NATS and several folks made good suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Dzinerbear
    hmmm ... okay may it's this thread: http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...highlight=NATS

It all sounds more complicated than I thought, I had figured there was some sort of simpler PHP workaround.

dzinerbear

JustMe
    Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    It all sounds more complicated than I thought, I had figured there was some sort of simpler PHP workaround.
    Well, if the guy is only planning on having a couple of affiliates, there ARE ways that he could half-ass this to make it work for you with some simple php:

1. He provides you with a link to his site with your own unique ID attached, aka http://www.HalfAssWebsite.com/?id=Dzinerbear

2. He updates all of his pages to php, and has it read out the ID, and tack it on to every link on the page. Aka the warning page has a link to the first page of the tour that goes http://www.HalfAssWebsite.com/page1.php?id=Dzinerbear He continues that through to every page in the site. This way, your ID is being carried along until the user gets to the page before the join page.

3. The page before the join page has your 2 affiliate IDs for the 2 processors in a function, and the 2 links to the processors are a variable that gets assigned a link, based on who the affiliate is. Yes, that was English, I promise.

So, if the script sees id=Dzinerbear, it replaces the links on the page before the join page with your processor affiliate links, which you need to be certain will redirect to the join page (the next page in the tour for the user). Aka with ccbill something that looks like:

refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clicks.cgi?CA=SiteID&PA=YourAffiliateID&HTML=http://www.HisHalfAssWebsite.com/join.php

The entire process above could also be done via cookies, if he wants to get a little fancier about it.

I know this all sounds way complicated, and is probably hard to follow. I honestly don't know of an easier way to explain it in non-code-monkey terms. A programmer would easily understand what needs done, and could probably do it in under an hour for you.

Dzinerbear
    perfect ... thanks JustMe, and I know you said it was English, but I scarcely recognized it. My brains just idles on code stuff.

cheers
    dzinerbear