Thread: PR change on google

PR change on google

Looks like google just did a major update to its PR numbers. And this update has seen a lot of sites jump or fall by several PR points too.

I also just read an article questioning if PR is still of any use. The article says "There is a perception, at least among some in search industry, that PageRank isn't worth as much as it used to be....since sites with low PRs can achieve respectable SERP rankings for their targeted keywords, some of PR's luster has worn off"

How did your sites go? Any major changes to PR, and more importantly any major changes to your search engine positions?

cheers,
    Luke

No changes.

However diesellive.com premiered with a PR3 -- woohoo!

desslock
    Most of my websites had their front page PR tick up 1 point. My best one is now a 6 again. It looks like they have reassigned some websites a ten again --- like www.yahoo.com. (it was fallen to 9 last year)

So if you have a site in the Yahoo directory, consequently that should trickle down to an improvement to your own PR. dmoz is still a 9 unfortunately.

However as everyone says, that really is just academic. What matters is where you show up in relevent keyword searches on Google.

I am waiting with baited breath for another major Google update. I haven't had any real fundamental movement since Google's Valentine's Day Massacre update.

:1ymca:

Dzinerbear
    Yeah, a few of mine has moved up a point. I noticed that Global Male Pass is up a point, too, which kind of surprised me because they seemed to be dying lately, or not very active anyway. And MANcheck's jumped up as well.

Cheers
    dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    I had some improvement in PR on some of my sites too. Ironically with this update, my best selling site had a steep drop in PR but a massive improvement in SE ranking for my targetted keywords. About 6 months ago, this site fell off the face of the earth as far as google was concerned although the PR stayed at 3. Now it's PR1 but I'm listed in the top 3 for different keyword phrases. Go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    I had some improvement in PR on some of my sites too. Ironically with this update, my best selling site had a steep drop in PR but a massive improvement in SE ranking for my targetted keywords. About 6 months ago, this site fell off the face of the earth as far as google was concerned although the PR stayed at 3. Now it's PR1 but I'm listed in the top 3 for different keyword phrases. Go figure?
    EXACTLY the same situation here but i'm at PR 2 now and front page on search result. :francais:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Yeah, that is exactly my point, low PR does not necessarily mean anything when you are getting great placement. I think PR is had its day!

cheers,
    Luke

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well, PR may or may not have the same relevancy in one's position in the SERPS however it is a gauge for webmasters to use on link exchanges. It shows at least that the site is listed, that it isn't banned or having a penalty... so it is in a sense still a valid tool. least in my view. In addition, the higher one has of PR it seems the more they can charge for advertising as well. So again I'd say it still has some value to webmasters which is why G may not totally eliminate it.

Granted they have depreciated its worth in regards to SERPS but that too could change next update or the one after, cuz with G you just never know.

just my thought
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online