Thread: Advise me... Guide me.

RedShoe

Advise me... Guide me.

I have a floundering TGP, that I'm sure would do well if I could just get some time to devote to it. Maybe I chose the wrong sponsors.. maybe I chose the wrong approach.. I dunno.

I've been wondering if I should keep it as is until I can get time to run it properly, or If I should shut it down and start over with a new free site design and just let it run on it's own. (auto rotating content and such)..

The TGP is http://GayMitch.com
    I tried a while back but It wasn't producing as quickly as other projects have and so naturally it got less of my time. and now... it just sits.

Please Advise. I'm here to learn this niche.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Hmm, well it could be that each thumb I clicked on gave me a whole bunch of errors like this one... kind of hard for a surfer to do much and all that...

Warning: flock(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/redshoe/apache/gaymitch.com/htdocs/ct/cx.php on line 301
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

RedShoe
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Hmm, well it could be that each thumb I clicked on gave me a whole bunch of errors like this one... kind of hard for a surfer to do much and all that...

see what I mean.. I didn't even check it before posting here. I think it's a good domain. I wanna do SOMETHING with it.

curiousbunny
    site looks great let us know when the links are working :twink:

I would try to make it into a more personal website, maybe add a blog and take the focus away from the TGP style gallery. I think that you can really go far with it if you put in a little effort to make it personal and friendly feeling.

cheers,
    Luke

RedShoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I would try to make it into a more personal website, maybe add a blog and take the focus away from the TGP style gallery. I think that you can really go far with it if you put in a little effort to make it personal and friendly feeling.

cheers,
    Luke
    Thanks for the Advice Luke.

blah blah blah...
    some very hot thumbs! but i get an error when i click on them

RedShoe
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan
    some very hot thumbs! but i get an error when i click on them

Thanks.. but it's that error that crashed my server. Something is wrong with a database and sends those links into infinite loops. Well at some point in the wee morening hours it got so bad that my server decided to have a small heart attack.

All is well and until I can build a site like Luke suggested I think I should keep it offline at least for that database.

Now then, that brings me to my next phase... rebuilding my gay sponsorships...

Who's the best? What's doing well?

robin
    Well, regardless of whether you keep it as a TGP or turn it into something else you're still going to have a problem with the site -- finding the time to devote to it.

Unless you do something about that problem, nothing is going to work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedShoe
    Who's the best? What's doing well?
    You and me REALLY need to talk... :jasun:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Mindy
    I think it just needs some tender loving care...Admittedly you said it just does not get your attention. Feed it and it will grow.

A personal feel for the site like ChilliHost remarked is a great idea.

Have Mitch make suggestions on sites to visit..maybe even do a Mitch's movie review or something like that. Just some thoughts!

But I am frequently wrong and sometimes I talk out of my ass so who knows!!