Thread: Search Engines Vs. Type In Domains?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Search Engines Vs. Typins?

So i was thinking, with Google and other search engines becoming more and more popular among web surfers, especially those who spend a lot of time online do you think the potential type-in value of a domain is decreasing?

For example, i was recently sent a link to a mainstream webmaster forum where someone was selling the domain webmasterforums.com now you would think that the domain itself got a lot of type-in traffic for both adult webmasters and non-adult however, on their forums they had less than 100 posts in total and the majority of them were from the current domain name holder.

Do you think as search engines become more and more used by surfers and webmasters alike that the amount of traffic typein domains get go down?

I mean we all know that domains such as sex.com will pretty much always have typein value however, what about those other domains that, at some point in the last 5 years have had a great amount of type in traffic going to them? Do you think that SEs are killing type ins as more and more end-users do turn to the search engines to find the information they want?

Your thoughts on this?

Regards,

Lee

Nope, I think the curiosity factor comes into play with typeins, plus on most i.e. setups, it automatically tries the .com, .net then .org versions of the domain name if you just type in something into your URL field, which would catch a lot of type in traffic

cheers,
    Luke