Thread: Verotel advise

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

Verotel advise

Could any webmasters using Verotel explain to me the plus and minus of having a PRO account with verotel as against a normal ticket clubs account.

At the moment all i can see is the PRO costs $1,500 to set up - but cannot see any reason to do it.

many thanks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If you are considering spending $1500 for a pro acct at Verotel i would strongly suggest investing the $750 to process through CCBill or Epoch.

Just my $0.02 which strangely enough, works out to around 2p these days

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by sockstars
    Could any webmasters using Verotel explain to me the plus and minus of having a PRO account with verotel as against a normal ticket clubs account.

At the moment all i can see is the PRO costs $1,500 to set up - but cannot see any reason to do it.

many thanks
    I've used Verotel for quite a while, and have a CCBill account. The percentage they take out is 6.7% on my account.

Also Verotel holds all funds in a third party escrow account and are only able to take their fees out of the account. It has something to do with mandatory Dutch trade law or something. They explain it here. Explanation of the Verotel Pro account are here.

Verotel has been processing adult since 1998. No processor, even CCBill can guarantee they will never be shut down, that's part of the risk being in this industry. But some people just want to stick with one processor, which I think is risky, you should always have a backup. :francais:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

CBLCasey
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Load Balancing is the key. Use Verotel TicketsClub, its really just a tricky way for them to get around the regulations from Visa in the Netherlands. Paying for a pro account doesn't get you very much extra.

I'd avoid Epoch. But maybe setting up a CCbill.com and a Neova.net account as backups would be the best system. This was you will have Verotel and Neova for no setup cost, and CCBill for $750 giving you a nice balance.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    why avoid Epoch?
    just curious

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I trust Verotel as much as I trust any business in this industry. I've been with them for 4 years and have always been paid on time with no funny stuff going on.

I'm a ticketsclub member. I see no advantage to paying the fee for Pro. Again, there are advantages, but I can't see paying for what you get being Pro.

I have to agree with the statement above. No one processor is more safe than another at this point. It's just a matter of who you feel comfortable with and having backups.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

does ticketsclub still:
    - make you switch ownership of your domain to verotel?
    - have the right to collect your surfer's emails and spam them with their own commercial emails?
    - force members userids/passwords to be stored on their servers with the entrance to your site thru them so you have no control over who is actually in your access lists?

cheers,
    Luke

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    In the four years I've never had one complaint and thats out of thousands of memberships and they do not make me host my domain. It's with Godaddy as it always has been. As far as email, anyone who signs up through an email is usually added to some list. That's just the way it is. I can live with it. :groovy:
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

CBLCasey
    Yeah I have never had any complaints from TicketsClub. I say avoid Epoch cause there "fraud" protection system goes way overboard and drives away good customers. The bigger billers have gone to alot of trouble to build these crazy fraud screening systems, but I get no less chargebacks with them, then the small billers. Inless your running a scam, there is no need for "Super Fraud Protection"

feedback

Thanks guys for the great feedback on this. I will stick with using the Tickets Club option for now.

I do use ccbill also, but I like the new multi currency options that Verotel are offering.

45% of my members are from the UK, 20% USA 10% Germany and the rest is the rest of the world. So, to offer payments in Sterling and Euro has increased my signups by about 19% so far.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    We use Verotel for many things and have for a long time successfully.

We are Pro merchantsand have been since outset of that system.

:nerd:

what features

hi, can i ask what features made you go PRO ? with verotel

many thanks

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstars
    hi, can i ask what features made you go PRO ? with verotel

many thanks
    Just made sense - we are not small, and smaller webmasters is what Tickets Club was invented for.

Better system for us, there is LOTS of difference between the 2.

A quick visit to http://www.verotel.com easily explains the differences....

:juggle: