Thread: How Do You Value A Domain Names Worth?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Do You Value A Domain Names Worth?

No sites or anything on the domain, just what the domain itself is worth.

Your thoughts on the best way of doing this?

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    if it's a typein domain, setup a PPC search page on it to track how much it makes per day/week month. Or think to yourself, what would someone be typing it in be looking for, if it's something to buy, how much is that client worth? When you are looking to buy a name, domain investors I've seen pay as little as 1-2 years the typein value or upto 10 years if bought strictly for typein income. If you are SELLING a name, then you usually get the lower end of the market (1-2 years).

Other things are how easy is it to remember, etc.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    but like anything else, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Xstr8guy
    Good question, alas I have no answer.

But I wonder what those guys are doing with all of those good domains that were registered years ago. They have never done anything with them, they just sit on them for all eternity. :idunno:

I agree it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have creative-women.com, and would love to get the non dash version, but it's one of those names that someone bought along with a lot of others and they just sit on it hoping someone (like me) comes along and will shell out big bucks for it. I've asked nearly every year how much they're selling it for, every year it's $1,800.

Funny though, this year I didn't ask - and they sent an email saying it's ON SALE for a mere $1,500. (Must be up for renewal). Now mind you, I own the .net, .org, dashed and non dashed versions of those, as well as the dashed .com ... but no way in hell I'm paying $1500 for the domain.

As to all those names that got bought up and they just squat on them ... if one or 2 people actually PAY that sort of money out for a name in a year, it certainly covers the cost of just letting the rest of them sit.

Xstr8guy
    But why don't through up a sponsor gallery or at least redirect them someplace useful?