Thread: Installing new programs

Xstr8guy

Installing new programs

Recently the topic of installing new programs and codecs has come up a couple of times. And everbody seems very hesitant to install anything new on their computers. It is certainly understandable, the more crap you have on your computer, the slower and more unstable it gets. But why?

How come every program thinks it so important that it needs to run in the background at all times? And how come Windows hasn't matured enough that it can solve all of the conflicts that new drivers, programs and codecs cause?

It's very frustrating! I just bought a new computer a few days ago and I'm afraid to put anything on it, . Programs don't always cause problems at first so it's so hard to diagnose what is causing crashes and conflicts. And I don't want my new computer sitting around with nothing on it. Either way, it's a paper weight now or later, I guess.

Dzinerbear
    Ah yes, you just bought a new computer and now you're in new computer hell. It's a good and bad place all at the same time.

dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    One positve thing about the most recent incarnation of Windows... my wireless network set itself up after I plugged in all of the cables. I didn't have to manually install drivers or input any settings. It was completely automatic! And I was so worried that I would have to talk to India for 2 hours. Shwew!

Dzinerbear
    I got a telemarketing call from India the other night.

db