Thread: CAN-SPAM compliance? LOL!

Top Cat

CAN-SPAM compliance? LOL!

I'm sure all of you who send out e-mails are complying with CAN-SPAM requirements, including lisitng your physical address in each mailing.

I mistakenly opened a piece of spam this morning and here's what it said:

Check out the only Male Enhancement formula with a free DVD

http://h.kND.newsproductgatxe.com/l/

Address listed in above site

LOL, I don't think asking people to click on your link to get your address is really what Congress had in mind!

curiousbunny
    Well i have a list of like 5 million or more emails
    but i havent sent it out cuz i dont know wht email tool
    or how to send so many emails to so many people at once

ANY IDEAS/TIPS? ICQ ME LOL

ShannonG
    Quote Originally Posted by dillmedia
    I'm sure all of you who send out e-mails are complying with CAN-SPAM requirements, including lisitng your physical address in each mailing.

I mistakenly opened a piece of spam this morning and here's what it said:

Check out the only Male Enhancement formula with a free DVD

http://h.kND.newsproductgatxe.com/l/

Address listed in above site

LOL, I don't think asking people to click on your link to get your address is really what Congress had in mind!
    LOL - at least they gave a link to their address. I'd guess that 95% of the adult uce I get isn't even 50% compliant.

Our legal dept. is so anal (appreciatively so) that they will notice if someone even forgets the space after SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT: in the subject or only has 6 lines of blank space as a "brown paper wrapper".

It's not that difficult to follow the rules... and people need to look at it as "pre-qualifying your audience" as opposed to "not being able to dupe some shmoe into joining my site and cancelling in 5 minutes".

Sorry for the babble... had to entertain for dinner tonight so that means a couple bottles of wine "had to go away" too.