Thread: As we phase out....

Rainbo1956

As we phase out....

I just want to say that we favor VideoSecrets and thank them for being a "standup" sponsor!

We haven't been pushing our sites because we're getting out of the "adult" industry....We've stopped sending traffic and stopped promoting.

However, since Nov of last year, we've noticed that even though more and more hits have been sent to our sponsors.... more this year then prior years (and we don't know where the hell has the trafic been coming from), our stats have been worse and worse...TB is about 1000:0, and some other BIG sponsors that we "used" to make alot from are really off the charts...like 2000:0 or 2885:1, it's just weird and sucks!

The exception, VideoSecrets, they're consistant....the rest, well, I dunno....seems to weird for words....but, if anyone has been seeing the changes too, we'd appreciate the feedback (i.e.....TB, and some pretty big sponsors not doing well over the past 6 or 7 months)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    On the flip side of the coin, we actually dropped VideoSecrets as a sponsor bcause our stats showed we had sent over 10k hit to them and their stats showed 0 hits during a 2 year period.

We're now extremely happy with the results we're seeing with Live Bucks on the exact same traffic

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    On the flip side of the coin, we actually dropped VideoSecrets as a sponsor bcause our stats showed we had sent over 10k hit to them and their stats showed 0 hits during a 2 year period.

We're now extremely happy with the results we're seeing with Live Bucks on the exact same traffic

Regards,

Lee
    Major wrongness there if you sent them over 10K hits and showed 0 hits with them. That would suck for sure.

I guess our frustration is that we used to be at about 1:300 or our worse 1:400 with TB. Now it's about 0:975

The same with our other sponsors (nice adverage about 1:300 OR 1:560), Except now we're seeing a trend of 1000's and 0 joins. Stats that read 2657:0
    This has been since about mid (Nov) 2004 and has only got worse since Jan of 2005

Xstr8guy
    Surfers get wise to sites filled with innapropriate plugins and nothing else.

Rainbo1956
    Yes, that's true.

Also, I think too many have said the word "Free" and have givin away far too much "Free" stuff, which has hurt us all

Dzinerbear
    I understand the frustration you're experiencing, but maybe it's not the sponsor that's change, but the quality of your traffic.

If you're not actively working your sites, where is that traffic coming from? I know if I put up a MANcheck gallery today with a Men at Play banner inside the members area, I will most certainly get a Men at Play sale. If I don't put up a gallery, I don't get a sale. If I have a Men at Play banner on the outside of my members area I might get a sale if I have enough search engine traffic coming to the site. But search engine traffic is just traffic, it's not necessarily buying traffic.

So perhaps the problem is that you're not doing the kinds of stuff anymore that brings qualified credit card buying traffic to your site. Perhaps your getting less buying traffic and more crappy I'm looking for a free ride kind of traffic.

If I do an AVS gallery, I get sales. If I do a TGP gallery, I get a lot of traffic, and maybe a sale. They're similar, but different, kinds of traffic. You can't expect them to perform the same. And we can't automatically blame the sponsor because the traffic didn't convert.

If I used to convert 1:300 and now I'm converting 1:2000, I would say that (1) my traffic is drastically changed, (2) I've done something else to the site to affect my traffic's willingness to buy, and (3) the sponsor is shaving heavily. We always tend to jump to the last option because we don't necessarily want to admit that we screwed up or we're not marketing effectively.

Rainbo, I think what is happening is you're getting out. I'm assuming that means you're not maintaining your sites as much as you used to. When surfers return to a site 3 or 4 times and see no changes they may start to give up. If a Walmart hangs a "Closing June 1" sign on the outside of their store and I go in and start to see bare shelves, I'm going to stop going in. I haven't seen your sites, so maybe I'm off base, but it strikes me as a possibility.

dzinerbear