Thread: Applying multiple styles

Dzinerbear

Applying multiple styles

Hi all,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to apply multiple stylesheet styles to the same thing. Online stuff is indicating I should be able to, but when I do something like this, it doesn't work.

open bracket p class="red big">

Where red and big are the names of two separate styles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    dzinerbear

Wish I understood CSS more to tell you how to add 2 styles to the same tag ... but YOU're the one I usually run to with my CSS headaches! Giving this a bump though, maybe someone else has a clue.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Hmm, im not actually sure you are able to do that without building a completely new page from scratch and using a JavaScript option to switch between those two pages.

Sorry i couldnt be much more help than that

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Hi all,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to apply multiple stylesheet styles to the same thing. Online stuff is indicating I should be able to, but when I do something like this, it doesn't work.

open bracket p class="red big">
    Where red and big are the names of two separate styles.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks dzinerbear
    For me, I would have to go the rudimentary way and create three styles - #1 P.red, #2 P.big, and #3 P.RedAndBig

If that is a component of CSS then it is probably the new CSS2 specification.
    Perhaps you want to employ that new feature to CSS2 called inheritance - which means if you declare a font-size for BODY, then you can declare P as font-size: inherit; -- as your declared values follow.

I have never used any of that because that is CSS2. My programming is pretty limited, but I can say that buying a book on CSS was the best money that I ever spent work-wise. I was at the bookstore a few weeks ago and noticed that O'Reilly has just released a second edition to their Cascading Style Sheets: The Definative Guide which now has complete, documented and fleshed out sections on CSS2. (I bought the first edition in 2000)

I recommend this book highly for anyone who works with webpages, as CSS skills are so important now. You can read the first chapter on their website www.ora.com . Hope that helps... good luck.

Steve

Dzinerbear
    Well here's what your supposed to be able to do. The < brackets are replaced here by ( .

(p class="red big"> but I can't get it to work, but what I can do is this:

(td class="red")(p class="big") and this seems to work. It's more in line with what I wanted to do anyway. I have six pages on the predominant colour on each page is different, but everything else about the page is the same, so I didn't want to have to create six different style sheets.

I love style sheets, but hate them at the same time.

dzinerbear

WebmasterC
    hope i can help you Dzinerbear... but if you need anything with photoshop just ask me k?