Thread: Critique? and a counter?

MxThomas

Critique? and a counter?

Afternoon GWW;
    My first attempt at a gallery:
    gallery:
    Please have a look and let me know what I can improve upon.
    Secondly, Im looking for a counter for my galleries, can anyone reccomend something small and unobtrusive? Thanks in advance.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    it's nice mxthomas! , i like the green ( reminds me of cash! ) , but i'm waiting for your "pinupmale.com" site! , so go ahead and load it , i'll wait! :goof:

sincerely ~ jim

MxThomas
    Thanks, I was hoping for a good reaction to my gallery
    :kiss:
    as far as pinupmale its still a work in progress.
    For Now I may just place an fpa up on it until I can get the design finished.
    :thumbsup:

PinupMale Test 3:
    Still needs alot of work.
    :hmmph:

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i hear you on progress! , my "flagship-site" is still being assembled! , do you know how hard it is to find a roman these days! :goof:

sincerely ~ ..."i'm working on it! , i'm working on it!"... :juggle:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Nice gallery, clean looking but using firefox you have an alignment problem with the banner after the first group of thumbnails... it is covering up the text with the flashing green dots... covers the second line totally.. you might want to try and fix that as firefox usage is increasing.

nice colour co-ordination as well..

my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Top Cat
    I just tried using a non-adult counter on a gallery since it has a tiny unobtrusive text link to a sponsor. No stats besides uniques or pages, but I'm just using the domain for tgps so I can look at my log files for overall referrers.

Only problem is the counter I chose has three offsite links. Probably not hard to find one with just one.

I am NOT the expert on TGPs so I could be wrong...like I am about so many things, including who would win the last presidential election and what I should have for lunch.

first off, don't use a counter on your galleries. lots of tgps don 't allow it. just have your host hook you up with some stats - maybe webalizer or awstats. they'll show you referring urls.

here's my gallery review -

the top of the page looks great - crisp and clean. now the first piece of advertising. i feel you are diluting your message with a banner with too many words right under a bunch of words.

nowhere on your gallery do you use the important words CLICK HERE. we found up to 50% more surfers click when told to in some way. CLICK TO ENTER STR8 HUNKS might work.

your text at the bottom is okay, but text clicks better than graphics, and you have no clickable text on the page, just graphics. also all your text on the bottom is the same colors and effects so no words really stand out from the rest.

all in all, it's an attractive gallery.

good luck with your gallery, and with pinupmale

Top Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    first off, don't use a counter on your galleries. lots of tgps don 't allow it. just have your host hook you up with some stats - maybe webalizer or awstats. they'll show you referring urls.
    I will immediately take your advice to heart and drop counters, since I know you are the TGP Goddess! And I am *not* being sarcastic!

I have Aw Stats but of course it doesn't tell me how each gallery does. Is that just not that important? I guess you can look at sponsor hits to judge effectiveness but is there another way, or should I just focus on quality galleries, partner accounts and strong sponsors?

i'm not sure, but i believe there is a way to make awstats show hits to each page. ask your host - if not, best to try another stats program.

you can figure a lot out by checking your sponsors' stats and going to each tgp to make sure you're listed, but obviously it would be better to know how many hits each tgp is sending - and whether they're sending at all.

stats really aren't necessary, but they do save you the time of checking to make sure all the tgps are listing you - and it's always nice to know who sends you the most traffic.

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by MxThomas
    PinupMale Test 3:
    Still needs alot of work.
    :hmmph:

I like the graphic for Pinupmale.

MxThomas
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwebwerks
    I like the graphic for Pinupmale.
    Thanks
    :extat:

Now after some debate and research sadly I am placing pinupmale.com for sale. :cry:
    Taking offers via email.
    If interested feel free to make an offer and Thanks for your time.
    webmaster@facialcollege.com