Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Review - May 4

Dzinerbear

Site Review - May 4

Hi guys,

Please have a look at this site and let the owner know what you think. Please try to be as constructive as possible.

Asian Boy Nation

Laurence would like his members area reviewed as well, so I think he'll be along shortly to extend a membership to the board for a day or two. (This might be dangerous. But I'll leave it up to him.)

If you have a site you'd like reviewed by the board, please PM me and I'll put you on the schedule.

Thanks
    dzinerbear

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I like it... looks clean and nice... however I have a few problems with some of the tour.

the (page 1, 2, 3, etc) seems out of place really... unless its an aside ot the tour, added pages.. in which case I'd perhaps simply add them to the tour if you want to show all that you have... though I'd tend to not advocate so much content in a tour.

on the one tour page you have a 'coming soon' across calendars, i'd not put that in myself... for me it signifies incomplete and not something i'd put in a tour.. on the main free area if you have one outside of the tour perhaps but not on a tour.

SEO > your pages all seem named the same.. doesn't help in SE traffic and while many discount it, SE traffic is highly targeted free traffic and worth pursuing... so name each page with a keyword or keyword phrase, optimize that tour page for that keyword...

I like that you have 'instant access' available on each page and on the first screen. Good as many leave that to the bottom.

I found the pages crisp, clean and well ordered.

Didn't check the text though as I am rushing thru but what I saw was clean and crisp... nor did I check to see if you were using H1 & H2 tags for SEO either. Something to take into account if you haven't done that.

HTH
    Ian

oops, I forgot to add that the check box signifying age on the first page. I'd perhaps put the warning or information about that above the box... way it looks now is more like some fancy ad gimmick so I skipped it at first.. nice pop up to tell me though... still i'd like see a warning before.. but that is me..

and on a further side note, if you have set that way, i tend to think that the SE Spyders won't be able to follow thru to the tour or rest of the free site and that is problematic for me. I believe that good SE traffic is invaluable but to each their own.

To get around it you could add a text link at the bottom and also should have a site map link and links link at the bottom... again for SEO purposes as well as surfer.

Damn I am long winded today.. but hope it all helps and it is merely my opinion so feel free to disregard.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    Wow! That is one of the nicest tours that I've seen in a long time! And I don't even like asian guys.

I love the layout and colors. I see that you used 'Marlboro' red, which was suggested to my by basschick in my site review. Now I see what she means, it looks great with the white.

The only thing that I would change would be to get rid of the store page. All that is telling them is that you are going to try to get more money out of them after they join.

Xstr8guy
    Oh I would also get rid of the click here button on the first page. As far as I know, SE spiders can't click those types of buttons. And you have a nice PR4 on that page and zero text for the SE's to grab. The following pages lose all of the PR and that's where you have good SE text.

BoyNation
    This is so great!

Thank you for your feedback and looking forward to more.

I would be happy to also take feedback on the members area of the site.

I have set up a teporary user name and password as follows:

Username: gaywideweb
    Password: may6

As you can guess, the password is good though this Friday.

Thanks for your accolades and suggested changes....I do take them seriously.

Best,

BoyNation

robin
    Hmmm Ok, I'm on the outside looking at the preview pics and there's alot of broken images.

I think the galleries all need a re-check.

Here's an example gallery:

http://www.asianboynation.com/previe...=gallery&id=99

http://www.asianboynation.com/previe...gallery&id=103

BoyNation
    Robin.....thanks for the de-bug! :nerd:

The pages that you pointed out should actually not be linked from the preview site and that is why there are broken images. I have told my programmer this and it should be fixed in the next hour.

The links and pictures do work fine on the member side.

BoyNation

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    crisp! , clean! , white! , very nice!

sincerely ~ jim

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyNation
    Robin.....thanks for the de-bug! :nerd:

The pages that you pointed out should actually not be linked from the preview site and that is why there are broken images. I have told my programmer this and it should be fixed in the next hour.

The links and pictures do work fine on the member side.

BoyNation
    LOL! There's a big oops! I like the general look and feel of the site btw.

Tried to look around, the pass wasn't working though.

BoyNation
    Bec....not sure why the username/password was not working, but it works fine now.

Love to hear your thoughts on both the guest tour as well as the member area.

Again:

www.AsianBoyNation.com
    Username: gaywideweb
    Password: may6

(all lower case, no spaces)

BoyNation

Dzinerbear
    Laurence,

You have a really nice site there. It should do well for you. I don't really have much to suggest except a ton of SEO stuff, but we'll talk later. Your site is clean and easy to navigate. It's thoughtfully constructed. It did bother me that your preview page and the first page after login looked the same. MANcheck does this, too, and I can never really tell that I've logged in. Maybe even just swap the top pic and the text so they're in opposite places, or exchange the photo, just something to indicate to the user they're on a new page.

I would also suggest changing the text on the red bar at the top to white. I was looking for the log in link, and then, finally saw it. The grey on red isn't working for me. I didn't see it.

cheers
    dzinerbear

BoyNation
    Thanks for the feedback!

Will look into the making those changes.

Yes, we will talk more.

Best,

BoyNation

Wow, now that was definately a pleasurable experience! Beautifully laid out and I am in love with how you handled the navigation! Would you tell me what program you used to generate those galleries with that type nav system?

I love the crisp white and that's a wonderful red accent color. Pictures were all top quality, sharp. I like how you're handling the updates with the Iframe. I'm typing and still smiling at just how nice that site is overall! Kudos!
    :king:

Thanks for the peek!

BoyNation
    Bec,

Thank you so much....I am absolutly delighted that you were smiling while viewing the site (now was that because of the site or the hot Asian boys? ;-).

To answer your question, we did not use any program, everything was programmed from scratch.

I have been in the Internet industry for over 9 years and just tried to conceptualize the different ways that I wanted to see content displayed if I was going to my ideal site. We are actually in the process of releasing a few new features that I think will make the site even better from a navigation and content viewing perspective.

Thank you so much for your kudos!

BoyNation