Thread: Responsible for your affiliates board posts?

BDBionic

Responsible for your affiliates board posts?

OK so a lotta people use them there webmaster referral codes. Some dude will promote a program in his sig with his webmaster referral code for that 5 or 10% webmaster referral money from any webmasters he refers to that sponsor through his sig.

Blah blah.
    You know what I'm talkin' about.

Now... to what degree do you feel a sponsor program is responsble for those promoting their program via these means?

Say that webmaster with the siggie is a total sig whore spammin' the boards.
    Or they actively post, yet say some truly fucked up shit. Trash people. Are a bigot or a racist or goodness knows what else.

Do you think sponsor programs should keep tabs on what those promoting them through webmaster referral just as they should keep tabs on people promoting to the end user, i.e. sponsor programs cancel people for spamming or for copyright infringement or for promoting their sites on sites that have CP or bees-chee-ality and what not (or at least should).

If some guy with a sig promoting your program was runnin' round the boards makin an ass of himself, do you have recourse to cancel their account?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBionic
    If some guy with a sig promoting your program was runnin' round the boards makin an ass of himself, do you have recourse to cancel their account?
    Absolutely

99% of affiliate programs these days clearly states in their T.O.S that they can pretty much can an affiliate for any reason they wish, i know ours will

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well I agree, the account should be closed. I mean they are being associated with the sponsor, so if they are talking trash, are being a royal pain in the kister then it eventually could /does reflect on the sponsor they are promoting.

On another board I frequent I know that the one's who fail to follow the board rules in their postings on spam generally get little if any traffic, and many will judge the sponsor by the actions of those spamming it... maybe that is unfair but if no control is shown, it does lend one to imagine the sponsor themselves might be just as dubious.

One reason I don't use sponsor links in my sig.. I value my association with them and hope they do the same. Besides when you push more than one sponsor, better to get them to your own site but that's obviously another topic.

To me, bottom line is sponsors do need to exhibit some control for their own appearances / reputation...

just my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

spam is spam in the tos - i've never seen tos that specifies no spamming to the surfers ONLY. and a lot of programs prohibit hate material, but once again, i've never seen a TOS that referred only to surfers.