Thread: Does This Site Look Familar To Anyone?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Does This Site Look Familar To Anyone?

http://www.4threactor.com/portfolio/cjs/gaysexgay/

Pay close attention to the text links at the top right and about mid way down the page.

Then head on across to http://www.cumsoda.com

I hate theives.

Regards,

Lee

DMCA city here we come..

http://www.gaysexgay.com/

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    I think the guy that's making these sites is quite often very active on this board...

Camper than a row of tents
    Looks like GaySexGay used Cum Soda for a bit of inspiration when planning, but aside from some generic text and those little circles at the top what else is the same?

It's such tiny copying that only the original owner/designer would notice it.

Xstr8guy
    Well, it's obvious that they copied your template from the start. But honestly, how many ways are there to arrange a TGP. They all look the same to me, .

Xstr8guy

Did you do something to piss this guy off Lee?

I agree with Matt26z... there are aren't many similarities, at least to my untrained eye.

I like the dragon they put up there and the background.

Don't most TGPer's copy eachothers designs anyway?

I am a strong believer in fighting for what you believe is yours so good luck Lee :king:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

JustMe
    Greetings:

Oh don't be rediculous jackass Lee. I know the guy who owns these, and we may very well end up announcing a strategic partnership together shortly.

You have absolutely NO DMCA claims here at all. Not even close. Maybe the layout is somewhat remotely similar, but other than that, all of the language, imagery, and html is totally different, as is the branding, custom made logos, backend template design, etc.

There are about a million straight tgps that are layed out exactly like this as well.

I hate to break it to you Lee, but you didn't invent TGPs.

BTW: The finished 2 sites are online here:

http://www.GaySexGay.com
    http://www.TwinksJacking.com

They look absolutely nothing like CumSoda.

He's planning on launching them on Tuesday, and is making a $3,000 traffic buy to get them out on the right start....

Xstr8guy
    HUH? What are you guys smoking? Granted, the site(s) owners made changes to the templates. But 4threactor obviously saved cumsoda's html and did nothing to even tweak the design before selling the templates except change colors and headers.

Notice that cumsoda's text is exactly the same as the template.
    http://www.4threactor.com/portfolio/cjs/twinksjacking/
    http://www.cumsoda.com/

Lee and G-A should have no issues with gaysexgay.com and twinksjacking.com but 4threactor is doing some shady ass shit.

Egypt
    Hi guys!

I've already told Lee about this stuff.

The point is that the guy, who asked to make him these TGPs, wanted the same layout, the same arrangement of thumbs, their size and so on...
    And he gave us the example of cum soda.

We just thought he owns this TGP and wants to have another one of the same type, but with other design.

And we did it. And as it turned out to be - we fucked up.

I've already explained it to Lee. We never intended to steal someone's ideas. We have enough of our own. We just followed the client's wish.

I promised Lee to settle the things up ASAP. And I'll do it.

Sorry again, Lee.

BTW Xstr8guy as for "shady ass shit" we do. Rather offensive, you know. You really think so? Check out our new designs for Affiliate sites for example... And one more thing to tell you - not all our works are in the folio. We'll add some later.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Ok. I've talked to the owner of these two TGPs again. Here's what's up:

Quote Originally Posted by Egypt
    Yes, several TGPs were provided to the designer, including cumsoda. The designer had asked for examples of TGPs that were run by AutoGallery SQL, because they were unfamiliar with the software. AutoGallery SQL is a commercial package, and is used by both CumSoda, GaySexGay, and TwinksJacking. The designs for TGPs that are run with AutoGallery SQL must fit within a certain format in order to be compatible with the template system that's on the backend. Providing examples of other TGPs that use it was an attempt to provide guidance in that reguard to the designers.

arrangement of thumbs, their size
    The reason why he asked for the thumbs to be the size they are, is because they are the DEFAULT size that comes configured into AutoGallery SQL. You'll notice that even my small tgp, BoyAlley.net has the same size thumbs. It too, is run by AutoGallery SQL.

We just thought he owns this TGP and wants to have another one of the same type, but with other design.
    The owner certainly never claimed to have owned any of the TGPs that were on the list of examples. That was an assumption that the designers apparently made for whatever reason. It WAS stressed however, that he wanted a different design. And, a different unique design he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    But 4threactor obviously saved cumsoda's html
    No, obviously, they did not. Did you even look at the HTML? It is not at ALL the same. The only similarities in it that exist are from things that the AutoGallery SQL templates do. The owner of TwinksJacking and GaySexGay is happy that they are unique creations, and that the design firm copied nothing from Lee's existing CumSoda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Pay close attention to the text links at the top right and about mid way down the page.
    Yes, the designers apparently used links from CumSoda as place holders when they were making the design. This is certainly not something that the owner of the TGPs requested that they do. Obviously, he wouldn't benefit in any way by posting Lee's links. If you look at the live sites, all of the links are original to the owner, and are ones that he benefits from.

I promised Lee to settle the things up ASAP. And I'll do it.
    The only similarities that I noticed, or that the owner of these sites notices, are the round dots underneath the logo. If it makes Lee happy, and the designers happy, he's more than willing to let the design firm remove the dots from the upper logo of GaySexGay that they created.

Other than that, the layout may be similar, but so is the layout of thousands of other TGPs. It only took me a moment's searching to find a long list of sites run by AutoGallery SQL that all basically have the same layout. Much the same way GayWideWebmasters is layed out very similar to every other webboard that's run by Vbulletin. It's the nature of sites sharing the same commercial software on the backend....

Xstr8guy
    I guess I shouldn't have been pointing fingers since I don't know the whole story. But someone certainly took some shortcuts when designing and laying out those TGPs. AGSQL is infinitely changeable. You are not forced to layout tables and design elements exactly like cumsoda... that's just a cop-out.

The point is that the guy, who asked to make him these TGPs, wanted the same layout, the same arrangement of thumbs, their size and so on...

So you did copy the design but you thought that your client owned it?

Okay i quite like the design over at http://www.silvercash.com can you please copy that for me to please

Regards,

Lee

4THReactor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    So you did copy the design but you thought that your client owned it?

Okay i quite like the design over at http://www.silvercash.com can you please copy that for me to please

Regards,

Lee
    We can do ever better if you like, Lee
    A unique, like this one
    http://www.4threactor.com/portfolio/affiliate/smvcash/

Rainbo1956
    This is just crazy...

I live with a designer that's been doing design (web and television) for over 22 years.

I hear all the time about people using other people "base" design and changing it to suit their needs.

It's done in media...t.v. commercials, news, etc.
    It's why they made "stock" backgrounds...for an example, a "news" crew sitting at a desk is done over and over on differant news channels, but, the "design" may change (unless they are indeed using a "stock background). Like wise for stage settings and etc...

It is what it is...it's a "tgp" layout. So, people figured out which ones work the best (look the best, sell the most and get peoples attn.) Same is said for media....anything like a stage or a set.

The ratio of tgp's that are out there now, the design (what one's work best) to what or how many designs (layouts) there are now, is only getting harder and harder to come up with new, since what works or looks the best is what is done (gee, I hope that made sence...).

In other words people, there are no more original ideas anymore (Or, at least it's getting harder and harder to come up with the "new" ones.

That is not to say that a "design" or a picture created, can't be unique....ergo, same "layout", differant pics and or design.

All that said, I do think using someone's exact "verbage" is anoying as hell. I've had it done to me over and over. I used to get upset, but now, I take it as a compliment. I figure that the person that took my "creation" of words, just couldn't come up with their own and thought mine was so good, that they needed to use it too....