Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Gay Adult Webmaster die young and beautiful?

dalimili

Do Gay Adult Webmaster die young and beautiful?

Just wondering, cause I have soooooo many different "conditions" just because of the fact I spend 10-12 hours a day in front of a computer...

CBLCasey
    LOL. Good question. Only time will tell.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i donno i was still alive last time i pinched myself

curiousbunny
    this is actually an interesting thread since i was just thinking the same thing!
    its hard trying to find a balance! i get too excited sometimes and spend 2 much timme on the computer. i forget i need to clean my place and excercise and go out 2 shop and do stuff w/friends. so that's waht am working on right now * finding a balance * :wacko:

wow, can i ever relate! working on the computer turned out to be the most dangerous thing i've ever done **

i have put on more weight than i can believe - i have had no time to exercise, although i'm forcing the time now. a few years ago, i had horrible pain in my arm. turned out it was from the position i was mousing in. i have permanant eye damage from our first year - apparently staring at a monitor 18 solid hours a day was not so good for my eyes. i also get eyestrain if i don't take breaks (who does?), which leaves my eyes visibly red and swollen.

and here's a weird one - i was having severe tooth pain about four years ago - turned out that i was leaning on my left hand all the time, and doing it for several years was moving and loosening a side tooth. also at one point, my feet were hurting so badly i could barely walk - because i crossed my legs in my chair and had cut off circulation to my feet *LOL*

i have also lost about a million hours of sleep.

man, the computer has made me an endangered species!

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    I aim to live fast, die young and take no prisoners !

Seriously, having been close once before, everyday above ground is a great day !

:elf:

dalimili
    Oh, it's so nice to hear it's not just me.... but in last few months... oh god .. it was just everything, from eyes, my back, my legs, neck, headaches, my ass, basically you name it... and to add to it... I smoke even more when I'm in the front comp, then I usually did....

Need to change my job...

Camper than a row of tents
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    i was leaning on my left hand all the time, and doing it for several years was moving and loosening a side tooth.
    I thought I was the only one this sort of thing happened to. My top molar didn't come in straight and I didn't have it removed. I'd prop my jaw on my hand as I worked the mouse and over time that top tooth acted as a spike and drive itself into the two bottom teeth. They both cracked in half.

good god! most people think this is a SAFE job!

desslock
    I try hard to go out at least once a day and see humans.

dalimili
    Oh god... that thing with humans.... sometimes I feel like being in Matrix... I need to pinch myself to see if I'm still dreaming

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    good god! most people think this is a SAFE job!
    LOL Ya know!

I read your first post and sat here nodding. I thought it was me. You and I started about the same time so it's nice to see we're falling apart in similar fashions LOL

I've gained about 100 lbs since I spend most of my time on my butt in front of the PC. I've damaged the sciatic nerves in my back, by crossing my ankles and tucking my feet under my chair. And I have 'teeth issues too', but I wore the top molars down because when I get deep into planning I grind my teeth (Didn't realize I did that). And now my left elbow has been acting up, so I think the way I'm sitting or leaning with this new furniture is having an effect.

Now that I read this I think I'm going to make the new garden and patio a priority.

Ugh!
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

AusCoding Allan
    No real health problems here that are computer related.

I must say though that the first thing that I was taught in high school computing was ergonomics and I always make sure I adhere to it where possible.

I have am a little long-sighted but this is actually slowly being corrected by my new glasses and with any luck should be fixed within the next 12 months or so.

All in all 10 years in front of a computer has done no visible damage so far.

Cheers,

Allan

kcwebwerks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalimili
    I smoke even more when I'm in the front comp, then I usually did....
    I also smoke even more when I'm in front of the computer. A friend of mine noticed that he did as well and quit smoking in his house. Not only does this force him to smoke less, it also forces him to take breaks more often.

Every once in a while I will purposly leave my smokes in another room so at least if I want to smoke I have to get off my butt to go get one. What I am considering doing quitting smoking in the main part of my house and only smoking in the downstairs "bar" area. I'm hoping that by doing this it will cut down on the cigarette smell in the upstairs living areas as well as the film left by the smoke and it will force me to get excercise by going up and down the stairs.

On another board there was a thread that discussed "burnout" where I posted how I take breaks to "clear my mind" as it were by planting and tending to the flowerbeds outside and am about to build a fishpond/water fountain in my front yard. I said that I would be building the pond next week, but I think now it will be closer to two weeks before it can get done. Who knew that manual labor could be relaxing!?!?! :wacko:

desslock
    Guys -

Are we all just falling apart?

If you don't have time to go to the gym... one thing I do is make it a big point to eat healthy. Back about ten years ago, I got into juicing fruits and vegetables - and I do that every day. Even when I got so poor that I lost my gym membership, I was able to juice grapefruit, oranges or some other fruit every morning.

Also, another thing I learned while being broke - you may not be able to pay for a gym, but you can do thirty pushups and fourty sit ups every morning. For me, the only way I can do stuff like that effectively is moderate, regular habits such as that. It actually makes a big difference.

Steve