Thread: How much to pay for video editing?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

How much to pay for video editing?

Need some help on how much to pay a video editor. The clips I have are pretty short about 15 minutes that I have some editing needed and then I have them rendered into several different formats. What is a fair rate to pay someone for this?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    Need some help on how much to pay a video editor. The clips I have are pretty short about 15 minutes that I have some editing needed and then I have them rendered into several different formats. What is a fair rate to pay someone for this?

Thanks,
    Mark

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! (my ? on photo models) grin

Video editing is what I seem to do 12 hours a day or so. What is my time worth? At LEAST $100 an hour..but then, that's because I've been doing it since 1996..(and I way underpriced what I WOULD probably actually charge if someone else asked me to do some editing..but then would also depend on how much/how many hours of editing there was to be done).

How many clips do you have and how many formats do you want?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours! (my ? on photo models) grin

Video editing is what I seem to do 12 hours a day or so. What is my time worth? At LEAST $100 an hour..but then, that's because I've been doing it since 1996..(and I way underpriced what I WOULD probably actually charge if someone else asked me to do some editing..but then would also depend on how much/how many hours of editing there was to be done).

How many clips do you have and how many formats do you want?
    I have about 6 different clips and want them in at least 4 formats.

Thanks,
    Mark

baddog
    Check out TrailerTrashVideos - tell her baddog sent you and get a custome quote.

the guy i use is frank at
    http://www.basementbroadcasting.com/main.htm

he charges around $20-$25 to do a video into two formats, two sizes, five clips - plus a full video. what he usually does for us for each video for at that price is:
    5 broadband wmv clips
    5 lowband wmv clips
    5 highband mpg clips
    5 lowband mpg clips
    1 full wmv

i think he charged $40 for editing a 40 minute video.

I'd also talk to Ken from KcWebwerks ... I know he has some time slots open for doing this sort of work. Hes been posting to GWW for awhile now, and has done a couple video related projects for me and I'm quite happy with his efforts.

I actually have someone for the job, just need to know what a fair price to pay them. Thanks for the input.

Mark

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I beleive Video Editing runs around the $75 per hour price mark for someone that is exceptional.

You may want to ask Jasun to see what he charges on an hourly basis

Regards,

Lee

I generally charge about $50.00 per hour, but if it's a huge project, I'll give a deal and set a flat rate before-hand so there's not a big surprise later on.

fair enough?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.