Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does this mean to you?

what does this mean to you?

when you read the words "exclusive content shoot", what does that mean to you?

and yes, i'm asking for a reason.

baddog
    whew . . . I saw this on Boardtracker and was a little worried. Now I know it is a trick question.

Newton
    Exclusive to me personally, means "that a content producer has shot this specifically as to my requirements and its only for my use, not everyone elses or to be sold to others"

Baddog why is this a trick question?

baddog - it's not a trick question. a person i'm dealing with says it means one thing, i had strongly thought it meant something else.

after a get a few more opinions on this, i can tell you why i am asking.

Exclusive Content to me means no one else has it on their site - and never will, ie movie and or pic set(s). That's not to say the same MODEL can't be used in content that gets sold elsewhere. An Exclusive Model and Content would be another thing altogether.

Dzinerbear
    Exclusive content would be content that has already been shot and it is being purchased by me and will never be sold to anyone else.

Exclusive content shoot means that I commission a photographer to shoot a certain model, probably in a setting of my choosing and containing poses and action that I specify. The content will not be sold to or used by anyone else.

Cheers,
    dzinerbear

okay - if someone said you were receving an exclusive content shoot, and then offered you something they had shot previously but had not sold to anyone else, would you be satisfied?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    okay - if someone said you were receving an exclusive content shoot, and then offered you something they had shot previously but had not sold to anyone else, would you be satisfied?
    No however... LOL

If they were only going to be selling it to you it is exclusive.

It isnt custom and more often than not producers get those two words mixed up, especially the smaller content companies.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Yeah, it was "custom" for someone, just not you because you didn't have the input into the original shoot. So they should not be calling it "custom." But so long as they're giving you exclusive rights then they could call it exclusive, but I wouldn't expect to pay the same price, again because I didn't have a say as to what and how it was shot.

dzinerbear

to me, it's not an exclusive content shoot unless it was shot for me. exclusive content would mean exclusive to me - but an exclusive shoot is something else.

but i guess it can mean either...

Dzinerbear
    Yeah I think we're all kind of saying the same thing. Except I don't know what an "exclusive shoot" would be if you didn't have a client already commissioning it. I don't understand why a photographer would use that phrase to describe it.

cheers
    dzinerbear

buzz
    there's a mixup with "custom" and "exclusive" definitions

exclusive content - the content which is sold only once and never after
    custom content - the content shot under the client's specifications

these are definition from the content provider's point of view

while if a site owner 's mention exclusive content, he means the content you'll never find on any other sites

curiousbunny
    :extat: Which bring up my next ?. How much does EXCLUSIVE content usually cost?

Dzinerbear
    That really depends on who is shooting it and where they live.

I have bought some exclusive sets of 150-200 pics for $150. I have had offers to have five sets of pics and three videos of the same model shot for $500.

We have used a photographer, I think he was $1500-2000 a day and then we paid models between $200 to $400 each, shooting three in one day.

So the fees are all over the map.

dzinerbear