Thread: Verotel and scammers?

Rainbo1956

Verotel and scammers?

So, I get an email to my business email address, with my business name from Verotel that says this:

Dear For demos,

Thank you for ordering a ticket at TicketsClub to:

http://www.chaosvideo.com/wrmixedsc.htm#mf30-07

The following codes are to be used to login and will provide
    immediate access.

Usercode xxxxx
    Passcode xxxxx (I changed these untill it get's sorted out)
    Amount USD 34.95

'CNP*TicketsClub' will appear on your credit card or bank
    statement as the beneficiary of this transaction.

For billing questions or remarks, please email
    support@verotel.com. Always mention both your
    usercode and passcode in your correspondence.

Kind regards,

Verotel Support
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF? I say! So I wrote them back saying this:

This is an error. I have already forwared the email I received, to your support email address. I just wanted to be sure that you received it.

I did NOT oreder a ticket with your ticketsclub for the site
    http://www.chaosvideo.com/wrmixedsc.htm#mf30-07.

I am requesting that you check into this matter imediately.

I do not have a credit card and so I am wondering...

#1, HOW you can say - "'CNP*TicketsClub' will appear on your credit card or bank statement as the beneficiary of this transaction"?

#2, How can you NOT send a "comfirmation" email to asure that you did in fact receive the right email and or credit card?

#3, Allow whom ever did signup to use a false email?

I had been a webmaster that used your cc prosessing, but some time ago, I canceled my account with you.

It concerns me that I would have received such an email as this one.

Please check into this matter as soon as possible.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, has anyone here ever heard of this site?
    And, yeah I haven't had my business cc for about 6 months now (This would be the email addy they sent the email to)

I checked out the links provided that were on the email for Verotel support and they DO go to the Verotel site.
    I wrote to Verotel and haven't heard back yet.
    (Yes, I'll be calling them too)

I'm wondering though (for those of you who use Verotel) is this standard for them? I mean, is this the kind of email they send out to their new members of TicketsClub? If so, seems a pretty lose way to do business and pisses ME off!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It was probably someone just spamming your email address.

Lets hope thats all it was anyway

Regards,

Lee

I don't have ticketsclub but it looks like what they'd send out.

I don't think it's a matter of Verotel being for scammers... if someones going to scam your cc# they can do it with any merchant.

Have you tried their live support instead of waiting for an email response? I don't know what their hours are but good to try: http://chat.verotel.com/cgi-bin/connect_merchant.pl
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Rainbo1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    I don't have ticketsclub but it looks like what they'd send out.

I don't think it's a matter of Verotel being for scammers... if someones going to scam your cc# they can do it with any merchant.

Have you tried their live support instead of waiting for an email response? I don't know what their hours are but good to try: http://chat.verotel.com/cgi-bin/connect_merchant.pl
    Yup. I've written to them about 4 times now and have heard nothing back.

I also wrote to the webmaster of the site. They were kind enough to write back and thank me for the heads up. They said they'd check into it and said I should be ok, since I cancled my business cc.

Why Verotel couldn't write me back, I don't know. But, that's pretty "unprofesional" of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbo1956
    Yup. I've written to them about 4 times now and have heard nothing back.

I also wrote to the webmaster of the site. They were kind enough to write back and thank me for the heads up. They said they'd check into it and said I should be ok, since I cancled my business cc.

Why Verotel couldn't write me back, I don't know. But, that's pretty "unprofesional" of them.
    So you didn't goto the live support page or call their toll free support # 1-877-647-1300 or 1-877-503-1300? I'd rather go through those methods then wait for an email any day. I'm glad you got it taken care of.

Again... scammers can be on any merchant, not just verotel.

Someone here should apply to be a rep with them.. it would really benefit them to have one here on the boards IMHO
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com