Thread: Luke.. SSH / .Tar files?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Luke.. SSH / .Tar files?

Just wondered something..

Is it possible to zip say 2000 subdirectorys each containing between 50 and 100 files into a larger zip file in XP and upload that to the server then unzip it there?

We're in the process of uploading a bunch of content via FTP atm and its literally going to take us days to finish and we want to know if there is a quicker way to get the content folders on the server?

I know when we moved from Webair to National Net in the last few days it only took Nat Net about 2 hours to migrate all of our stuff from the old server to the new one using SSH, is this something we can handle or do we need something super-fast to upload files and folders at that speed?

Regards,

Lee

I know when we moved from Webair to National Net
    ....and not to chilihost

yet i am too nice so will answer your question anyway....yes you can if you have unzip loaded on your server and you have ssh access to it.

cheers,
    Luke

and if you were on chilihost I would do this for you!!!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    ....and not to chilihost

yet i am too nice so will answer your question anyway....yes you can if you have unzip loaded on your server and you have ssh access to it.

cheers,
    Luke
    Haha we actually needed to get stuff moved quicker than we would have liked after defending the owner of Nat Net.

We already had a server at Nat Net we could use otherwise we would have gone to you, hope you know that

Regards,

Lee