Thread: Need video embed/html help

Need video embed/html help

Ok, I want a page to open with a still picture/vid cap, and when you click the still picture the video plays IN that spot - and not open a player window. I know this involves embeding it with the html, but no clue how to write this out. Can someone type out the html to show the pic, add a link onto it for the vid file and have it play in the same spot? And yes, I'd like the control bar to show so they can replay or adjust volume.

Thanks!

Xstr8guy
    Bec, I'm heading off to bed or else I would dig up the html to do it. As for having a picture displayed before the video, I'm not sure how to do that other than to have the video stalled at the start.

If no one helps you tonight, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Ok, I want a page to open with a still picture/vid cap, and when you click the still picture the video plays IN that spot - and not open a player window. I know this involves embeding it with the html, but no clue how to write this out. Can someone type out the html to show the pic, add a link onto it for the vid file and have it play in the same spot? And yes, I'd like the control bar to show so they can replay or adjust volume.

Thanks!

Is this for quicktime movies? I can help you with that :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

AusCoding Allan
    OK, can't post the code but I'll send you an email Bec.

Allan

Xstr8guy
    Here is some sample code for wmv files
    PHP Code:
    <p><object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,5,715" width="100" height="100">
    <
    param name="FileName" value="sample.wmv">
    <
    param name="AutoStart" value="false">
    <
    param name="ShowTracker" value="true">
    <
    param name="ShowControls" value="true">
    <
    param name="ShowGotoBar" value="false">
    <
    param name="ShowDisplay" value="false">
    <
    param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
    <
    param name="AutoSize" value="false">
    <
    embed src="sample.wmv" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/" width="100" height="100" AutoStart="false" ShowTracker="true" ShowControls="true" ShowGotoBar="false" ShowDisplay="false" ShowStatusBar="false" AutoSize="false"></embed>
    </
    object></p

Thanks guys, I'll be giving this a try here shortly. It's a .wmv file.

Xstr8guy
    Bec, I don't have a clue on how to have an image over the top of the embedded windows media player. I think my code just shows a blank screen until the play button is clicked. You can have the .wmv autoplay though.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Verty simple: You put the video window in an (CODE REMOVED BY GARYALAN) page with the embedded video.

I do it on my sites for the video and chat. It's really quite simple.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Okay that was weird.

that was SUPPOSED to say an IFRAME.

Put the graphic inside of an IFRAME, then link the video page via the IFRAME.

It's really easy. I do it for my live video and chat rooms all the tmie.

Rocky

(PS: that was a weird post. I couldn't even edit it afterward)

Xstr8guy
    I think your post screwed up the thread. Use PHP tags instead of code tags, it seems to work better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoi_Rocky
    Verty simple: You put the video window in an (CODE REMOVED BY GARYALAN) page with the embedded video.

I do it on my sites for the video and chat. It's really quite simple.

Okay, for the confused...

My IFRAME tags fucked up the board. Sorry. Now I know how to shut this place down. MUAAH HAA HAAAAA!

Gary and Lee, I want ONE MEEEEE-LLION DOLLARS!!!

Rocky

(PS: Bec, email me and I will help you. This is real simple. I do it all the time and it wont take mt more than 5 minutes to help you out. My email addy is admin@beachboi.com)

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoi_Rocky
    Okay, for the confused...

My IFRAME tags fucked up the board. Sorry. Now I know how to shut this place down. MUAAH HAA HAAAAA!

Gary and Lee, I want ONE MEEEEE-LLION DOLLARS!!!

Rocky

(PS: Bec, email me and I will help you. This is real simple. I do it all the time and it wont take mt more than 5 minutes to help you out. My email addy is admin@beachboi.com)
    LMAO

Hell we shut the whole dang place down when we tried to incorporate an Iframes plug in once. Talk about freak! LOL
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!