Thread: So Whats The Deal With Using A Company Name That Isnt Registered?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Post So Whats The Deal With Using A Company Name That Isnt Registered?

For example, say the fictitious company, GayMenCompany was previously registered as a LLC.

They then changed to an incorporated (GayMenCompany Inc) business but still used the GayMenCompany LLC company name for their day to day business operations, is that 'legal'?

The reason i ask is that someone just asked me on ICQ and i honestly dont know what the situation in this instance would be, will it change on a state-by-state basis?

I have a feeling that they have realized they are doing this but didnt want to own up to it so figured id ask for them so they could see what the situation was for them without revealing who it is

Chad, any idea of what the legalities involved with this would be?

Regards,

Lee

xenigo
    I'm under the impression that you can pretty much do business under whatever name you want as long as you have the proper DBA (Doing Business As) paperwork filed with the County Clerk's office, and have ran the necessary ad spots in their required local newspaper listings.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I'll defer to the lawyer anyday

But as long as the name being used has not been desloved, then it should be legal. Then again I'll defer to a lawyer.

Is this the person who asked you about their invoices going out with the LLC and not the new INC, by accident?

Personally, and this isn't a by any means legal advice... as long as the IRS get's their money I'm sure they don't care what name got it first LOL
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!