Thread: Firefox Users Update

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Firefox Users Update

Just in case those who are using Firefox didn't get their 'automatic update' notice like me, there is a new one out.. 1.04 due to TWO critical security flaws in the browser... so you should head on over to get the update... once again :cry:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Xstr8guy
    You Firefox nuts are getting almost as many updates as IE. I've seen it mentioned that Firefox isn't anymore secure than IE, it's just that it's not as popular so the virus/spyware authors don't target it as much.

Takemytaco
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    Just in case those who are using Firefox didn't get their 'automatic update' notice like me, there is a new one out.. 1.04 due to TWO critical security flaws in the browser... so you should head on over to get the update... once again :cry:
    thx for letting us know

I just did my update.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    You Firefox nuts are getting almost as many updates as IE. I've seen it mentioned that Firefox isn't anymore secure than IE, it's just that it's not as popular so the virus/spyware authors don't target it as much.
    That's what I have been saying for ages, that the only reason it was more secure is cause no one bothered to hack it as it was so non existent.. now that has changed and I realistically expect more security flaws to become known as it gains even more popularity... :cry:

Frankly I do like firefox over IE but because of the tabbed browsing feature only.

Mind you bit of a double standard in the media too... like how loud they scream when a flaw is found in IE and yet hardly a hiccup about this latest double hole in Firefox...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

krusher
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman
    That's what I have been saying for ages, that the only reason it was more secure is cause no one bothered to hack it as it was so non existent.. now that has changed and I realistically expect more security flaws to become known as it gains even more popularity... :cry:
    That's true for almost anything that has to do with computers. Even Linux over Windows. Everyday it is new holes being discovered.Anytime one is much more widely used, it becomes more of a target that people will try and exploit. It is just a endless cycle that people need to be aware of and adjust accordingly.