Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To GWW

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

To GWW

I know some will think this took too long for me to post. Let me first say, I wanted to avoid any knee jerk reactions or anything to cause further disharmony to this community. I made the decision to take a day or two to think through what I wanted to say to the community regarding the recent ‘insanity’. As some have tried to point out, my silence is a show of approval. That is far from the truth.

I want to apologize for the reactionary posts made the other night and to all parties concerned. It was an uncalled for, ‘a heat of the moment’ reaction that should have never happened.

The resulting disruption to this board and its community members was unnecessary - for that, again, I want to apologize to this community.

Another reason in delaying my post was that I wanted to be as objective as possible to the reaction of the community. I tried to step back a read the resulting emails, instant messages and posts from every possible angle.

There are two points that I believe I must comment on in regard to those reactions.

The first point is we (Gary and Lee) need to heed the rules that we set for the entire group. You are absolutely right. It has always been my goal to keep GWW a place for professionals to work together and learn from one another and at the same time, have fun and share life’s nonsense while we work honestly with one another.

From this moment forward, I want to ‘reset’ the tone to just that. Many of us came together here because of that original idea. While that means working together, it also means being honest enough to TALK to other members if an issue or problem arises. And we all need to remember that we are all human and prone to bad days while we aim for good days. If it’s ok with everyone, I would like to start over in that original spirit.

My second point is something that most online communities do not see, and its members rarely take into consideration - It is what goes on behind the scenes. That unknown factor leads to many different places in our minds. And in this frame of thought - none of us know all the fact, even though we think we do. No one is privy to all of the information. This leads us all to speculation, which runs rampant. Thus leaving us only with perceptions. Unfortunately, in our online existence, it is these perceptions that some how morph into facts. We ALL need to take a step back and separate actual facts from perceived fictions - we need to do this not for the sake of the community, at large, but for our individual sanity.

I do want to close, with what may be considered reactive comments instead of proactive. I am sure that each of you will find your own truth in what I put before you or your own perception. If you decide that GWW is not where you’d like to be, then there are other options available to you.

No matter what you walk away with, know that we truly want to move forward from all of this, strengthen the bonds that many of us have made in here over the years and get back to business the way we used to.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you have any questions, or comments you can reach me at gary@gaywidewebmasters.com.

Sincerely,
    Gary-Alan

curiousbunny
    Bravo ! Well said !
    I don't think what was done was right but then again this is not my board.
    It's like going to visit someone at their house and not approving of what they do in it. If I don't like it I simply don't visit anymore. I can't tell someone how to run their stuff. I do think it was not right 2 vent "personal" drama on the board. I've had plenty drama I could air here but it is not the place 4 it. People drop by 2 learn or make friends. Anyhoe ! Thanks for the threat I think it was very well written and at a good time. Here is some Samantha fun just 4 u !

<p align="center">
    <embed width="320" height="240" src="http://ww.bobbyrezmedia.com/video/letgo.wmv"></p>

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Well said Gary. I hope someday you guys and *********** and the other companies involved can all get along. I don't know what happened but as gay people we need to bond together and not be at each others throats. Life is way to short to be mad at anyone.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Nice post G/A... i'll put you back on the cinnimon raisin bagel list for the morning, but I am taking curiousbunny off... that damn audio of his scared the shit out of me while reading your post...

Seriously, I think taking the time was a good move, and I hope that we can all get along together. This place is a home and there are enough people out there looking for a piece of us all, we need to stay focused and think twice or three times before posting a reactionary answer to someone.

Again thanks for the post G/A

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Bravo. Well said. This is the sanest thing I've read in a week.

dzinerbear

Xstr8guy
    Thanks for being the voice of reason G-A.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Yes, thank you GA. Well said.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    although it's rare that i argue with the "landlord" , i always remember that it is his place! and his rules! and if you don't like it , move!
    i have always seen this as a "community" and like most communities it's made up of "different" people so of course were going to have our little "tiffs!" on ocassion ( your damn dog shit in my yard again! )
    i "step-back" quite frequently ( which is why i requested more edit-time ) because my first impulse is to "react" ( bad move! ) instead of thinking it through clearly and/or examining all the facts!
    i already see this place as one of the better communities and i want to be a part of it! ( if anyone asks , i'm the pretty one! ) :goof:

sincerely ~ ..."citizen's for a better city!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Alan
    While that means working together, it also means being honest enough to TALK to other members if an issue or problem arises. And we all need to remember that we are all human and prone to bad days while we aim for good days.
    Very true. I agree! I think it's unfair to hang someone out to dry for a bad day or post/thread gone wrong, and I like the fact you have the nerve to apologize like this :high:

My second point is something that most online communities do not see, and its members rarely take into consideration - It is what goes on behind the scenes. That unknown factor leads to many different places in our minds. And in this frame of thought - none of us know all the fact, even though we think we do.
    This is true for all of us and it's the behind the scenes stuff that's the meat and bones of us doing business. Posting is like walking a tightrope lately. The more I learn, and experience with some others in the business, the more difficult it is speaking in a public forum knowing some of the people are crooks and watching them post and communicate with people that have no clue, or maybe they have a clue and are on the same level. It's difficult to fully gauge and get the full, true picture of things without knowing the ins and outs. You're right; behind the scenes stuff does affect the way we post.

No matter what you walk away with, know that we truly want to move forward from all of this, strengthen the bonds that many of us have made in here over the years and get back to business the way we used to.
    I've moved on. I think anyone who's hanging on to posts on a board from a few days back needs to turn off the computer for a couple days and take a break. :extat:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Nice job Gary ! It's all been said, and appreciated above. I'll just give you a kiss when I next see you.

Dinner in Florida before Internext I believe I promised Lee?

:turban:

Madame0120
    Haven't we all wished we didn't hit that Submit button? :wacko:

I do however try to remember my Mother's advice when writing letters of an emotional nature.. read it .. sleep on it .. read it again.

That's why I have a folder named- NeverPost.

great post, g-a - you really are the voice of reason. it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it

krusher
    Excellent post! Well, now that that is cleared up I think its time for a little debauchery. It's Saturday night-time for drinks and getting laid!!

Hell Yeah! :thumbsup:

tyrain
    thank you Gary-Alan

I am usually a lurker. Have posted a few messages this evening.

Last time I posted I got slammed with young attitude from JUSTME. I hope he earns as much as in rudeness to people posting for the first time. Since retreating back into the shadows, I see that many excuse him here for his bluntness, since he seems to be spending money buying content.

Like many excuse LEE (gfy european lee) for his recent comment as ADMIN.

I know that this board needs to earn income from advertisers but I hope in future I dont need to read a soap opera again here from an admin. Otherwise I will no longer lurk and have a rare urge to post.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrain
    Otherwise I will no longer lurk and have a rare urge to post.
    That is one of the main points of my post. Either we move on or we all have choices. Just to clarify you evidently know Lee from another board. Lee is my bussiness and life partner, so he is part owner here.

Thank you to everyone else, for your cooperation and your desire to move forward instead of backwards.
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!