Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver will it b phased out?

curiousbunny

Dreamweaver will it b phased out?

I am wondering now that Adobe owns Macromedia if Dreamweaver will disapper ? I am thinking that Adobe will want to make their product Adobe Go Live CS maybe the next Dreamweaver. What do you think?

Xstr8guy
    I think it would be the other way around. Dreamweaver is way more popular than GoLive.

AusCoding Allan
    Dreamweaver is absolutely fantastic and much easier to use than GoLive so I think it will probably be merged in some form or another - hard to say really. I definitely can't see them maintaining both systems - that's for sure.

Cheers,

Allan

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Myself I don't see them phasing out DW though they most likely will with Fireworks... as to co-joining them, I suppose its always an option but they have wanted Macromedia for a long time... so it should be interesting to say the least.

just my random thought
    ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I was reading why Adobe gobbled Macromedia up, because their founders are paranoid about MS coming back to get them. Something happened years ago that has them scared.

That said if Adobe dumped Dreamweaver there will be so many mad people out there. There's a huge community around Dreamweaver, almost as big as Photoshop

Im waiting for a new version of DW now that CS2 is out

I don't see that any of the Macromedia line of software will be getting the axe. Usually a move like this is a way to create a monopoly, bringing the competion under the same roof.

I also got this notice from Wildform, who produces Flix, a Flash related type product:

"We’re happy to announce that we have entered into a cross-licensing deal with On2 Technologies, the company that created the video codec that will be in Macromedia Flash 8 (due out this fall). From now on, On2 will be selling Flix. We will be folding many of the functions of Flix into our new product which is due out this summer. We’re accepting applications for beta testers for our new product. So let us know if you’re keen to give our newest creation a spin."

I doubt this move would of been made if Flash or other Macromedia programs were heading for the cutting floor graveyard.

Dzinerbear
    What on earth would make you think a thing like that?

Dreamweaver is considered the industry standard. Go Live is kind of like Go What? Go Live really was a ship that never sailed. I'm sure it has it's fans, but come on, if Adobe dumped Dreamweaver then I'd say it's time to switch to Corel Draw because Adobe's going down the drain.

I think if any product is in danger of disappearing it would be Macromedia's Freehand, if it's still around. Adobe could quite easily phase that one out and slip Illustrator in its place with no problems.

dzinerbear

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    What on earth would make you think a thing like that?
    dzinerbear
    LOL At this point I don't know what to think that's why I ask ::wink::
    I think they will proly incorporate some features of the two products together DM and GL.

Xstr8guy
    Hehe, has anyone noticed that Jasc and Corel combined forces as well. I'm a hardcore PaintShop Pro guy.

Dzinerbear
    bunny,

I think you may have been thinking that because Adobe did the buying, if any products were to be cut it wouldn't be theirs. But I don't think it works that way in acquisitions. Sure companies acquire competition all the time just to get rid of them, but a smart company wouldn't throw away a good product just so they could keep their own no-so-good product. That's be just throwing money in the garbage.

Michael

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    wow On2 actually has any business?

It's been a while since I've read anything about them

I'd think Macromed/Flash would include MPEG-4 h.256 instead

interesting

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    bunny,

I think you may have been thinking that because Adobe did the buying, if any products were to be cut it wouldn't be theirs. But I don't think it works that way in acquisitions. Sure companies acquire competition all the time just to get rid of them, but a smart company wouldn't throw away a good product just so they could keep their own no-so-good product. That's be just throwing money in the garbage.

Michael
    I forgive you ! i love adobe products :extat:

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Hehe, has anyone noticed that Jasc and Corel combined forces as well. I'm a hardcore PaintShop Pro guy.
    I used to love PaintShop it was my first graphics program I used. I then decided to try photoshop and i love it was well.

Dzinerbear
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love Photoshop, but I just haven't seen anything out there that would give Dreamweaver a run for it's money.

dzinerbear

zewkin
    I'm still in the dark age and do all my code by hand, with the help of notetab pro to keep all the html files up to date. Does anyone still do it by hand or am I the only transistor radio of the internet?