Thread: How Much Exclusive Content Do You Need For A Site These Days?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought How Much Exclusive Content Do You Need For A Site These Days?

Your thoughts on this?

Are constant updates needed or, realistically, from a surfer standpoint, could you get away with just shooting 6 months worth of 'episodes' and updating the tour once a month for 6 months before starting over again?

Im thinking that a surfer is going to see the tour probably once or twice before they join the site, that gives them 2 'visible' updates on the tour itself then, when they get inside the site, they get another 4 updates.

During this time, their rebills for the 4 months of updates will go in to a central account to produce more content for the site as well as growing the features inside the members area and marketing the site.

Your thoughts on this? Does 6 episodes sound about right or should more be done at the launch of the site to keep you in updates longer?

Regards,

Lee

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    I am a fan of all exclusive content whenever possible. That is how we do our sites, but that is sort of a necessity as it is hard to get quality content for our niche.

We update often, at least 2 or 3 times a week. But if it goes for a few days or longer, I start getting emails from our members telling me they will cancel if they dont keep getting their updates.

I dont mind so much tho......our rebill percentage for the last month was just a bit over 75%.

I think surfers have become pretty shrude consumers. If we dont update, they will go try to find someone that does. I am just working on making that simpler with a content management system so I can pursue my one true love...........filming hot naked asian guys. :karate:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well in my warped misguided opinion, I'd say it boils down what would you expect as someone uneducated in the adult game, just a working stiff spending their money to join the site... what would you expect to see? 1 update a month or 1 a week?

In my view, while it is obviously easier for the webmaster in both time & expense to update less often, bottom line is not just making the sale but keeping it. For me, personally I like to strive for 100% retentin, unrealistic I agree but it has to be the driving force... to sound business that won't disappear in 6 months.

I would also say such an attitude also enables you more room for upsells and such too, as you will have earned and gained the trust of the members which can translate into further sales to other ventures...

Just my crazy opinion though.
    Ian

oh P.S. Lee... reminder time again.. :goofy:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Paul Markham
    No surfer ever signed up to a site becasue the content was exclusive. He signs up for different reasons.

The content turned him on.
    He likes the style of the niche.
    He has not seen the content before.
    He thinks the site represents good value for money.

There are other reasons but these are the main ones.

The sites that are vvery successful with exclusive content are sites with a twist or the sheer quantity of content.

So a site today putting up an exclusive scene a week has to spend between $400 and $1,000 to get that scene. Spend the same money on non exclusive brand new and you can get 5 to 10 times the amount of content.

Offering the surfer 1 scene a week or 10 scenes a week, which one do you think will be the more successful?

You have to assume the quality, style etc. are level. Once you stray away from this you are discussing a different thing.

i think exclusive content can help, but it far from necessary. regular updates - yes, they are very necessary.

6 episodes are not enough, and once a month updates are REALLY not enough. i saw a webmaster who had trouble getting updates start updating around every 10 days, and i saw his rebills dwindle. when we emailed the cancelling members, a lot said there just weren't enough updates.

as far as how much content, it really depends on your niche. the scarcer the niche, the less content needed. but i have seen some twink sites do great retention simply by having LOTS of non exclusive.