Thread: How long should an interview be in an amateur video?

basement

How long should an interview be in an amateur video?

How long an interview do you like to see on a video? besides name and age,
    is there something special you'd like to know about the model before he
    gets naked?

kcwebwerks
    5 minutes tops. Thats just long enough to find out name,age, endowment, the story about the first time they had sex, and the strangest place they have ever had sex. After that its time to start seeing the goods.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by kcwebwerks
    5 minutes tops.
    See, I have a different take on that. I think it should be as long as possible. You can always edit it to make it shorter, and then put the full interview online as well. A lot of guys really like getting to know a model better, which just makes getting to see the goods all that more exciting for them.

Besides, the interview is low-stress, no worrying about the guy keeping it up, or doing a pop shot, etc and mini-dv tapes are cheap as dirt, so who cares how much film you eat up?

Top Cat
    Interestingly, I find the interview is often the most nerve-wracking part of the shoot for models. Sometimes they are great and give great answers and are very engaging...in which case I allow the interview to go long. But lots of times they're nervous and their answers don't do much for me or anyone else, I would imagine.

We post our video in approximately five-minute segments and I always try to get their shirt off in the first segment, so we keep the edited iinterview short.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    some people have interviews , and some "cut to the chase!" ( not everyone is capable of giving a "coherent" interview - macy gray )

i always attach interviews ( yeah! i actually have 2! , before and after! ) to my sessions , it gives the viewer an "in-depth" ( trust me you can never get deep enough for your audience without drawing blood! ) look into the personal response of a model , kinda a 1 on 1
    for those of you with "instant-gratification" ( streaming video/webcam/etc )sites , "interviews" may not be a good idea! , most of your clientele want to "get-off" in 5 minutes or less! ( i've "timed" the average "connection!" )
    just my spin! :francais:

sincerely ~ ..."the reason you know nothing about me , is cause'you've never asked!"

p.s ~ i don't really put a "time-limit" on the interview "initially" , i'll "edit" it down latter ( some people can actually be quite "charismatic" giving interviews and this i find very attractive! )

If they're interesting, have good energy, are funny, engaging, have a hot accent or have something cool to say and are just a turn on to watch talk, then let it go on for a few minutes.. hey.. keep them talking while they're jacking off..

if they're boring and dull and say "Yeah" or "uh huh" a lot, just get them up get them off and get them out.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

curiousbunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    just get them up get them off and get them out.
    that's what i call business !

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    just get them up get them off and get them out.
    That was my philosophy on relationships for a long time LOL

I'm of the same opinion as JustMe - get as much as you can and edit it later. You'll be able to determine what should be kept or edited out. I've seen shoots where I watched the whole interview and then there were some I simply click the fast forward button to get to the "good stuff".

I do like the idea of having an entire interview online as well - a separate link as an option to get to know the model better. I produced a few shoots where we did an interview after the fact (an epilog of sorts), and the surfers loved it. It was an after thought for us so we had to shoot them later, but that bit extra went a long way. Those ranged from 5 to 10 minutes each.
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

Was wondering if there's a different "term" for the interview type vids? I just bought some content that has a lot of girls giving interviews then stripping and teasing for the camera ... so if these are added to a members area video section, do they still get listed like a video that doesn't have the interview?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id have to say gt as much footage as possible and condense it down to about 5-15 minutes depending on how 'cute' the model is.

Regards,

Lee