Thread: premiere vs some less expensive video programs

basement

premiere vs some less expensive video programs

There are many things i like about premier but i cannot understand why it is not yet capable of editing wmv files when the format has become so popular. Thank goodness i can resort to an inexpensive program program like video edit magic to edit wmv. I can't figure out why premier had not included this capability in its upgrades. Anyone have any ideas of why this is the case?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    yeah i was wondering that as well. i have premier, and video magic, and studio 9 and also liquid.

although the one i use the most is studio 9 as the simple easy to use interface if ofter enougth.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

hey, i use ulead video toolbox, and i have no shame about it! it costs $49, it was made specifically to edit movies for cell phones, but makes movies in any size, and it works 100% as a wizard.

ulead video toolbox and sorenson squeeze are the two video programs i literally didn't have to look at the readme or help files to use you sure can't say that about premiere unless you've worked with a lot of other timeline video programs. also premiere's files are not as small as those made with sorenson.

curiousbunny
    As Jasun pointed out b4 on a previous thread, you really dont need such a powerful tool like premiere for web video stuff. Any 50 program usually does the job.

get a copy of sony vegas video, I have found it is way better and easier than premiere and it allows wmv editing.

cheers,
    Luke