Thread: How many people here have paid an adult industry lawyer?

basement

How many people here have paid an adult industry lawyer?

I see a lot of people on webmaster boards asking questions that seem to me
    would be better answered by an attorney who is well-versed in our business.It makes me wonder how many people are just hoping to fly under the radar. Seems like this might be a lot of webmasters.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    unless your a "lawyer" the laws which "govern" our day to day "activities" especially our "documentation-procedures" are becomming more and more "technical" ( almost to the point of unrealistic! , but then who said living in the U.S was easy! ) requiring someone with a "grasp" on the law so those of us that "operate" the "camera" can focus on the model and not... "the party of the second party in regards to the third party!"...

jim

We use adult industry attorneys to conduct periodic site reviews and legal "checkups". It's good peace of mind.

me, me! there are some things too important to guess on.

Marc
    I used one who often speaks at adult industry conferences, I wont say who, but it took him 4 months to get around to reviewing my site. I know it took this long because its a gay site and he didnt want to be looking at gay sites.
    When I'd ask him a question about my site he'd say "Im not gay, but...".
    I dont give a shit if youre gay, tell me what the law says.

And also Im small potatoes compared to his other clients.
    He was trying to sell me on bigger more expensive services I could buy behond just the site review.

Next time I'll go with a gay friendly attorney, or join up with other webmasters to hire an attorney and split the cost.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We use several attorneys however, we havent spoken to any recently about the 2257 issues many webmasters and lawyers are posting about because, nobody knows what is going to happen until later today or tomorrow once they are published.

No point in paying someone to 'guess' at the law, i can do that for free

Regards,

Lee

Your crazy if you havent sought the advice of a good lawyer in the adult industry, considering what's been going on lately.
    Join exploaded.com's 60% Partnership Program and make more ca$h!
    CCBill cookies last for 9 months
    Excellent Conversions & Retention
    New galleries and the hottest gay content every week!
    FHG's now available via RSS!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by t0miie
    Your crazy if you havent sought the advice of a good lawyer in the adult industry, considering what's been going on lately.
    Advice on what? The new 2257 regs?

What can they tell us that we didnt already know? Please enlighten me.

Regards,

Lee

pasteech

help

how do you find where the new compliance stuff will be posted when they do figure it out?
    Are there different compliance statments and #'s depending on what your content is and where you get it from whether you buy it or produce it yourself etc.
    I'm not to familiar with this I would like to get brought up to speed on this issue if someone could direct me on where to look for it.

thanks

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I used one who often speaks at adult industry conferences, I wont say who, but it took him 4 months to get around to reviewing my site. I know it took this long because its a gay site and he didnt want to be looking at gay sites.
    When I'd ask him a question about my site he'd say "Im not gay, but...".
    I dont give a shit if youre gay, tell me what the law says.

And also Im small potatoes compared to his other clients.
    He was trying to sell me on bigger more expensive services I could buy behond just the site review.

Next time I'll go with a gay friendly attorney, or join up with other webmasters to hire an attorney and split the cost.
    I think I know an openly gay lawyer that knows his way around adult internet issues.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Well holy crap, man! Get that brutha on the PHONE and fill us all in!!!

:extat:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoi_Rocky
    Well holy crap, man! Get that brutha on the PHONE and fill us all in!!!

:extat:

Sorry for not being forward enough, Rocky. The openly gay lawyer who knows his way around adult internet issues is me.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Haha. I'm just in a bit of a daze with all of these questions and no answers. Sorry, Chad.

I'm literally ripping my hair out over trying to figure out the Live Cam part of the new 2257 regs.

Rocky

Mamakity
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    Sorry for not being forward enough, Rocky. The openly gay lawyer who knows his way around adult internet issues is me.

Hey Chad,
    You didn't do anything wrong. Rocky and I use the same hairdresser and this person is so good that not only do we look like real blonds, we think like them too. hehehe (Sorry, Rocky I couldn't resist. xoxo)