Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gee i'm confused, content managment

Greg Gaskell

I Wonder? Gee i'm confused, content managment

With all the content out there and to manage it in the back end it becoming a harder and harder task, ok so i have even used postnuke with the gallery modual and a labor force to do manual managment, looked at content god and told not to go with them, site depth does not thumb movies and adultwebware site is not operational and that leaves mas and i think nats are coming out with a CMS.

I'm looking at a CMS that can auto update, show different content to a new user today and an old user tomorrow and can thumbnail movies too.
    Needs to manage a whole server, what are you guys using and why?

You pretty much named what's out there ... if you want something custom, try talking to Allan at AusCoding ... you can send him a private message thru GWW - his user name is ozmalegalleries.

You might also look at these:
    SubDreamer

Hotscripts - Content Mgmt

Mambo

Greg Gaskell
    Thanks Bec, i think custom is the way to go

fallen
    Greg,

I am having a buddy of mine build me a custom CMS and so far it's looking great. We have taken all the feature requests that people offered, looked at what others (SiteDepth, etc.) lacked and worked it into this product. We are in rev 2 now with another version coming up later this week. If you want to talk to us about this product hit me up. See siggy for contact info.

Cheers

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We currently use a custom solution that manages both members areas, free sites, tgp galleries and AVS / AEN sites.

IMHO custom is definately the way to go when it comes to CMS, there are just so many variables that you can choose when it comes to running your sites, even some of the scripts that cost $12,000+ have nowhere near the features we have in our exclusive custom scripts, stories, movies, images, feeds, games, forums, you name it our script can handle it, for any type of site we want to run.

Oh and its all automated to so the only time we actually have to 'touch' the script is when new content is added and categorized

Here is an article i wrote about CMS programs early last year you might find some usefull information in http://www.contentmanagementscript.com

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    Hi Greg,

I'd definitely recommend a custom solution over anything that's currently on the market. Everyone operates their business differently so no one content management system will suit everyone. Each person likes a different style of interface.

If you need any further information - hit me up or shoot me an email.

ICQ 254248475

Email: allan @ auscoding dot com

Dravyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gaskell
    looked at content god and told not to go with them.
    As the owner of Content God, I'm not sure why someone would tell you not to go with us. The overwhelming majority of our clients are very happy with it. CG has had glowing reviews in AVN.

That said, one can't always make everyone happy no matter how hard one tries. Just a thought, but why not judge us on our own. Ask us whatever questions you have.

Try out our demo, the only public demo because we have nothing to hide. (That's right, not a private demo, not a Macromedia tour, but an open-to-all demo.)

We have a good rep in the industry and I stand behind my product. Give us a spin. Please give me a yell at: support at contentgod.com Good chance we have what you need, Greg.

http://www.contentgod.com

Greg Gaskell
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravyk
    As the owner of Content God, I'm not sure why someone would tell you not to go with us. The overwhelming majority of our clients are very happy with it. CG has had glowing reviews in AVN.

That said, one can't always make everyone happy no matter how hard one tries. Just a thought, but why not judge us on our own. Ask us whatever questions you have.

Try out our demo, the only public demo because we have nothing to hide. (That's right, not a private demo, not a Macromedia tour, but an open-to-all demo.)

We have a good rep in the industry and I stand behind my product. Give us a spin. Please give me a yell at: support at contentgod.com Good chance we have what you need, Greg.

http://www.contentgod.com
    Actually i spoke to you guys a while back, when you did not do video and you told me it could not be done at that time and I pointed you to the free script gallery.

I might still have the emails, anyways i asked someone else who has a copy and he never uses it, he said he had to wait for this modual and that modual and he gave up.

I know what i want in a CMS and that is to give each member differant content when they sign in, so a member today that signs up will see differant content from a member yesterday that signed up.

I have tried your demo more than once and still not sure about it.

I have a lot of sites and want to show differant templates when they log in..

Why should i use contentgod?

Dravyk
    Hi Greg, just checked my support emails, and yes I have them too. Now I know who you are. Cool.

You wanted some things we could not do (something about a local server not connected to the web and then moving the database) and other things that either we could do extra as custom or which we advised we were putting in a future version. All of which stands.

Ok, video, from what I've seen on many many CMS threads, the PHP-based CMSs (and I know the owners of these will disagree, but still I see this gripe posted over and over again on the various forums), seems they don't handle video as well as our Perl-based system. That right there is one good reason to buy us.

Templates for different sites, also not a problem at all. Have 200 different paysite members areas and 5K free sites, all with different templates. Not a problem.

You mentioned in your emails making free and AVS sites for traffic and we are the only adult CMS that does it all, paysite areas, free sites, AVS, TGP/MGP galleries, more. Yes, the only complete across-the-board system. You can even use this to create both static and random FHGs for affiliates. The other CMSs concentrate exclusively on paysite creation.

I'll also be upfront with you with our biggest minus, and that is paysite updating and scheduling. That is being programmed now for the 4.0 version. It is not in the current 3.1 version.

As to the question about different content each day you mentioned, looking back at the old emails not sure if we answered or understood completely the question then or now. Do you mean brand new content each day, or do you mean rotating existing content and featuring it each day?

If it is the former, that would probably have to wait until we have update/scheduling added. If you want to show different pre-existing content each day and feature different content, that could be done with an additional modification.

(Hmm, one other thought is you can use our TGP/MGP gallery of the day module and make several of those for each paysite and give a static link to those. It already has that capability and makes for a good members area feature. Scheduling component for that already exists and has for a few years now since inception.)

Hope these help answer your questions. If you have any more, again, public or private, I'm happy to be of assistance, Greg.

Greg Gaskell
    Your getting closer to what i want on updates, but not quite.
    Let me try again.

Example:
    If you join today you will see (call this a monday)
    Photo set 1
    Photo set 2
    Photo set 3

Tomorrow you will see (tuesday)
    Photo set 1
    Photo set 2
    Photo set 3
    Photo set 4

New member joins (tuesday)
    he sees
    Photo set 1
    Photo set 2
    Photo set 3

So he is a day behind and would be cool to offer members x amount of updates a day, auto email them if the select the option to have update notification, which allowed me to use many update templates that i can put upsells in.

The future is profiling members, where they are from and what they are clicking and showing them somthing else what they like - BINGO.

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    As a customer that purchased Content God over a year and a half ago, that has never been able to use it at all, that has been repeatedly ignored when requesting support, I can certainly give you reasons not to go with content god.

Updates that were promised more than 18 months ago have never been delivered. I would be very wary of buying this product because of something that is "currently being programmed" in a new version.

I consider it the biggest waste of $500 I have made since being in this business.

the cms that gives different updates depending on how long people have been a member or how many times they log in is http://www.updatem.com/

i have not used updatem, but i have talked with them. they figure even if the cms portion of their script isn't right for everyone, it is easy to use the feature that shows the updates differently to different people with OTHER cms's.

seems like a good script, but i've only talked to a few folks who've used it.

Greg Gaskell
    Quote Originally Posted by sukime69
    As a customer that purchased Content God over a year and a half ago, that has never been able to use it at all, that has been repeatedly ignored when requesting support, I can certainly give you reasons not to go with content god.

Updates that were promised more than 18 months ago have never been delivered. I would be very wary of buying this product because of something that is "currently being programmed" in a new version.

I consider it the biggest waste of $500 I have made since being in this business.
    I see a refund or a full free upgrade in the post... well lets see where this goes...

Greg Gaskell
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    the cms that gives different updates depending on how long people have been a member or how many times they log in is http://www.updatem.com/

i have not used updatem, but i have talked with them. they figure even if the cms portion of their script isn't right for everyone, it is easy to use the feature that shows the updates differently to different people with OTHER cms's.

seems like a good script, but i've only talked to a few folks who've used it.
    Thanks, looked at this before and might be worth a play.

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gaskell
    I see a refund or a full free upgrade in the post... well lets see where this goes...
    hmmm, that would be nice but not holding my breath. A free full upgrade wouldnt really help at this point, as we have moved on to a product from sitedepth.com. I would have liked to had all the features that content god advertised having when I purchased it. But alas I have decided I will just probably have to have those things coded on my own.

A tech I use a lot is big on php and open source, he has talked a lot about phpnuke but I think I would have to have lots of custom changes, but then again it is not that expensive these days, and the utility that a good program can bring is well worth the investment.

But again, I can say nothing other than avoid content god. Even if they have improved the product, as I seriously doubt, their customer service still has not improved.