Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OutBoy.com and PozBoy.com Dmains for sale Cheap

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar

OutBoy.com and PozBoy.com Dmains for sale Cheap

OutBoy.com has closed it's doors due to software issues as you all know. I have decided not to rebuild these sites. I am selling both OutBoy.com and PozBoy.com domain names to the highest bidder. Starting bid is 99 cents. This sale is for the domain names only. The website database and files have been deleted. You can rebuild the site as your own or use it for traffic reasons. Please click the link below if you would like to bid.. The sale includes both domains.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5776722169

Don't worry guys, I will still hang around and bug you all.

thetwink
    I seriously wouldn't sell those names if I was you. Outboy.com is such a brandable name imo, that you could reinvent the site as anything. Shoot, if you'd be willing to go without forever on the domains, then what's a month or two to setup a new personals script even...

Yes I know, all my friends said I'm stupid for even thinking about giving them up. While I enjoyed running outboy and it's popular spin off pozboy, I really just don't have the time or money to invest to fix them. My users were allways so kind and supportive of what I was doing. I'm gonna miss chatting with them most. But what can I do? At least this way they will find a new life with someone else and not die on my name servers. :hmmph:

thetwink
    Quote Originally Posted by outboy
    My users were allways so kind and supportive of what I was doing. I'm gonna miss chatting with them most. But what can I do?
    bah, phpbb is free and will at least keep you in contact with your members/community while you cool off. seriously. I just saw your other thread, and others suggested the same thing.

Ok, I have installed the new buggy script onto the outboy.com so as to keep the traffic to the domain going. I am thinking about modifing my EBay sale to include the entire site, lock stock, and barrel so to speak.

I agree with the others - take a cool off period before jumping to such a "fuck it- dump it" approach ... get the free PHPBB online at least til you can resolve your software issues.

It's to late to turn back, The bids are up to $16.49, hehe, someone is going to get a deal if it stays at that. I have also decided to include everything in the sale. So it will come with the two domain names, all the buggy scripts, all the user database. I did not fix the pozboy site, but outboy is up and running full speed now. Just buggy and with none of the mods I have added over the last year.

The script will work for a year from 2 days ago, then it will lock up and stop working again. So whoever buys it will have a year to either decrypt the software, or build a new script using the database.

Don't worry about me, I have started a new project, non-gay, non-adult. I admit my decision to sell it was out of anger and frustration but what's done is done. I look at this as a new chapter in life. I will have more time for other things now =) Not that running those sites took up much time, they basically ran themselves.

So any ever, any of you guys know other gay webmaster boards that I could advertise this sale? Most of the boards I have found are straight.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    if I was interested in starting a personals site I would bid, good luck with the sale

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by outboy
    It's to late to turn back, The bids are up to $16.49, hehe, someone is going to get a deal if it stays at that.

Just took a look at that sale..noticed the high bidder (which has made a lot bids) has a ZERO feedback status.

Now..that could mean it's a 16 year old jerking around things..love to put in phantom bids and/or intentionally trying to get the price high (or..I don't think you're doing this..but a lot of sellers do that themselves to jack up prices)..or it could be a new Ebay member who truly is interested. In any event, hope you get a fair price.

I saw that as well. makes me kind of nervous. but what can do? Hopefully it's a real person.

Oh nevermind, I know who that is. He sent me a pm on here saying he was gonna bid on it this morning. I just noticed his pm came around the same time of the 0 bidder. Ok , I feel better now

agaysex
    Hello, outboy!

I am interesting to buy your domains. I am developed (it my own scripts) - www.gay0.com and www.aeroticstories.com/personals/ and think what can use potential of this your domains.

I not registered at ebay (never used it, but will register now with nick simular agaysex). Can offer you $300.

Best Regards,
    Alex

hehe, ok well just bid, maybe you can get it cheaper than your offer. If you have never used ebay before, the "bidding war" , normaly starts the last hour of an auction. So the best thing to do is hold off till the last min, this prevents the price from driving up too far. The auction is only 3 days, so I think it ends Tuesday morning early. Good luck man

agaysex
    Ok, I placed the bid. However I not sure what can monitor bids in last hours - since I am at vacations right now.

Also I was noticed what if show my payment method like paypal. No, I can pay by epassporte, bank wire, etc - anything except paypal.

Alex

I'm sure we can work something later if you win, no worries. pay pal is just the way most people do it. But not the only way. The system will email you if your outbid.