Thread: paysite owners: do you use a watermark?

basement

paysite owners: do you use a watermark?

paysite owners, do you always use a watermark or logo on all your pics and
    videos? if so, where on the videos do you place the watermark?

I have to share my feelings CJ-KJCash's Avatar
    Yeah, as much as i hate to, we have had to watermark everything to keep it from being stolen.

On videos, I usually put the url in the lower or upper left hand side, to make sure it is not obsuring the action. The pics, I put it on the middle of the bottom.

thetwink
    Quote Originally Posted by sukime69
    Yeah, as much as i hate to, we have had to watermark everything to keep it from being stolen.
    why would you hate to watermark your content? and do you honestly believe it keeps it from being traded and/or stolen? It doesn't...

My answer to the original question: Yes, I watermark my content. I do this to be able to squeeze in a little more advertising when (not if) the members trade it and unscrupulous people distribute it without consent.

shoot, some paysite owners don't even wait for it to be traded or stolen, and they'll place a 'red herring'... and some even own password trading sites to expedite said red herrings...

curiousbunny
    Yes if they save it to their hard drive and share it with their friends at least its watermarked (advertise).

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i pretty much "mark!" everything , including some unique code embedding , i have to admit that i am "guilty" of dropping a few "marked-samples" into newsgroups/fileshare/etc. sites but i look at it as "advertising" i didn't have to pay for!

jim

basement
    LBJ do you have any evidence that advertising to people who commonly trade in stolen stuff is a worthwhile venture?

if you mean do i make sales? , yes! , if you mean do i regularly deal with people who "traffic" in "stolen-goods?" , no! , i was not aware such "activity!" occured , i'll stop immediately , just wait till my "advertising-campaign" is over!

jim

i doubt that guys who steal content will become members because your url is on the clips. perhaps the people who see those clips may like what they see and join, however...

you must do what you feel is right of cour$e!

jim

Top Cat
    A while back I worked for a major gay video company, shooting a few scenes for them. When the video came out I liked the photos of me on the box cover and requested digital copies, with their watermarks of course.

The reply from their marketing guy was "We don't distribute photos because they just get stolen and passed around online."

I really wanted to ask him "Are you in the still-pictures business? Is that your primary product? Or isn't the only reason those stills are taken to market your primary product: videos?"

My site Redhead Guys has about 5,000 images and hours of video on it. But I see any individual pic (heck, any individual 5-minute video segment) as marketing tools. My primary product is memberships which is the only way someone can truly access all the material on the site. Although I haven't yet dropped pics in newsgroups or p2p networks, I have put some of my stuff on free sites and can only hope people share it around.

I put pretty big watermarks on my pics, even though it's a pay site. Never heard a complaint.