Hi all,

I'm always trying new things to see what works and what doesn't. I've been taking a look at Studport over the weekend. They're an AVS/AEN type of thing, but kind of different. Rather than submitting new galleries and getting a unique site number for each one, you work one hub, kind of like Badpuppy, I guess. You have to do two updates a month.

They do not list your hub in their preview areas for non-members, they only list you in their members area. And you're only allowed one banner in your members area.

So you build a hub and you're totally on your own in terms of getting buying traffic to your site. That's not a terrible problem for me because I'm pretty good with SEO and there is always link lists. However, I know from the typical AVS model that I usually end up with at least one sale per gallery just from being listed in the "new" section that day. The listing in the member's area is really only going to drain your bandwidth, and the one allowed sponsor banner in your member's area isn't going to bring you a lot in sales, I wouldn't think anyway.

Just wondering if anyone has tried Studport, or whether you think this model is workable and potentially profitable for a webmaster.

Cheers
Michael