Hey guys,

I'm Aaron - and I do the design, writing, photography and webmastery coding stuff for Straight Hell. I'm new here, and there's a few things I would love to pick your brains on as I'm relatively inexperienced at running proper paysites...

Since we found a load of our videos on gay torrent sites, my boss has been on at me to start DRMing our videos. He thinks this will help both with piracy and member retention.
I'm not so sure though. I think it will probably be fraught with problems and inconvenience paying members and Mac users. It only takes one person to strip the DRM (which isn't hard) and they're likely to be the same kind of person who uploads to a torrent site.
What do people think about the effect of DRM on member retention though? Will it help prevent Joe Average from joining, downloading everything, then cancelling and joining again 6 months later?

I've been thinking of alternatives to DRM that might satisfy my boss.
Does anyone use Flash streaming instead of WMV? It would still technically be downloadable, but not by your average member of the public, so would that increase member retention - if most people were only able to watch the movies on the site itself?

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any input!