So i was just thinking about this, with so many new affiliate programs launching or re-inventing themselves over the last few years, why dont adult webmasters have any loyalty to one or two specific programs?

For example, a lot of the time i will see a program post on a message board how payouts are being raised, or how they are launching a new site and automatically, loads of new affiliates will send them traffic and sales.

Now, what about the programs these affiliates used to promote? You know, the ones that have been making sure their sites converted well, the ones who have been paying out on time for years, the ones whose free content these affiliates have been using without question for the last few years?

It would seem like the affiliate/sponsor relationship we currently have in the industry is very one-sided, in favor of the affiliate webmaster, not the sponsor program.

Do you think this should change? I mean after all, if a program has been doing their utmost to ensure that you as an affiliate can make as much money as possible from their sites, for years and you suddenly 'change' sponsors, that doesnt seem all that fair to me.

Your thoughts? Is there any loyalty when it comes to the affiliate/program relation?

Regards,

Lee