I know we have had a few conversations on GWW before about the crap people eat and how most of the food the vast majority of people in the US eat is pure crap.

Has anyone else noticed how food manufacturers are now starting to 'add' shit to their foods to make them sound like they are actually healthier for people to eat, even though they arent?

It seems like if you add fiber, vitamin, or minerals and actively label the packaging with these additions as marketing tools most people beleive the foods are healthy.

I just saw a commercial for Splenda and Dayquil where fiber and vitamin c had been added making them 'good for you'.

Whats with these companies adding stuff to their food stuffs, isnt there any kind of regulation in the US when it comes to this?

It really does bother me, if you want fiber in your diet, eat whole wheat bread, if you want vitamin c, eat an orange, its pretty basis stuff, there really isnt any need for fiber or C to be added to foods imho.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and as im working on getting my cholesterol lowered a lot of the stuff on the supermarket shelves actually stood out because they used this marketing practice and it really did bother me.

Almost all of the breakfast cereals had 'fortified with vitamins and minerals' on the boxes, including some that really didnt need to be like Weetabix.

Regards,

Lee