Have you ever built a site where you have seemingly done everything right, but Google just won't give it any love?

One tube in particular has been live for over a year now. One word .tv domain that is great for SEO. Full length videos that we own (straight videos; gay are just sponsor promo vids) mixed with 3-5 minute sponsor vids. On-page SEO that isn't overdone so it looks organic. Google Analytics shows a 20-30% bounce rate depending on the day, 8 to 10 minutes on-site, etc. Return visitors are close to 30% ... everything looks great. In fact, it's the best analytics I've ever personally had on a free site. Hell, it even converts straight traffic really good! I've also used linkspun to get lots of incoming A-B-C links.

It's been hell building traffic though. I've spent countless hours trying to figure out what could have gone wrong. I've had sites that I've slapped together before that ramped up on G traffic very quickly. This site just lags and lags.

It doesn't seem to be penalized because close to 9,000 pages are indexed and it does get G traffic, but just a trickle. What's really weird is secondary search engines usually suck for me, but Yahoo and Bing traffic is pretty good. Just no Google love.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, what did you do to overcome it? I can't think of anything else to do.