Not that I have the luxury of time or anything, but today, I wrote my first iPhone/iPad App!

For the past 2 weeks here in Berlin, I've wanted to go out at night, sort of, but web pages by newspapers and travel guides are lame on phones, and their maps are not interactive with the GPS current location.

So I spent half the day - except for the trip to dinner - writing an iPhone App that has my list of places to go, on the realtime map with my current location.

Not easy. Fortunately, I've written COBOL and BASIC since 1972, PHP since 2005, and dinged with java and xml a little in certain contexts with my fronted and backend websites, that I was able to wade through the upside down and backwards instructions.

Now I need to do the really hard work, and build my spreadsheet of places to go.

Anyone here with suggestions for their towns/nearby towns, would be appreciated. Gay bars, gay sex clubs. I'm doing this for Europe first.

But I can for other major country groups - US, CA, South Am, Africa, MidEast, East, Asia, Malaysia, Aus, Russia... The Penguins in Antarctica are already good to go.

Last night I did find one gay strip bar to go to, but I stopped 10 feet short of the front door because the cig smoke was overwhelming. Kind of disappointing.

But not overly disappointed. I think i came home and wrote a script or did a blog posting.