The weather has been in the 40?s and 50?s here in Las Vegas, so I have been spending a few days in my room, and I wrote my first subscription based product/service for my fans of my male nude photo/video work.

For the past 4 years, I have offered digital downloads of my eBooks (in addition to the paperback versions available for order from Amazon.com and B&N.com).

But we all know that digital downloads wind up on Pirate sites, ranging from the innocuous UseNet News Groups, to the self-serving profiting lockers.

When I was in London last September, and attended the XBiz trade show, the most important seminar I went to was about providing mobile content - which is NOT about downloading anything, rather about viewing/streaming.

So this past week I was at a point with traveling, bookkeeping, making content, etc, that I could sit down and work through 1) how to make a streaming slideshow of my eBooks for my fans, mobile and desktop, and 2) do the same with video clips...

The first of the two that I implemented is the streaming slideshow of my eBooks. I did a lot of Googling to find methods to consider using. Finally, the next day, I did a BING search, and found what I wanted on the first pop! - what was the most appealing to configure, and to actually look at as the final product!

I have a free sample on my site (non-nude):
http://www.nickbaergallery.com/freeview/Freeview.php

The past 3 years, I have been doing more and more javascript work, with the CSS needed to display the graphic output. From making Google Maps, to stats charts and graphs, to now streaming my content to users who have subscriptions.

I have fiddled with WP, but don't need all the overhead of WP, just to be able to utilize some plugins, when the plugins are based on free-standing javascript anyway! So I wrote this in about 100 lines of php/java. This streams a group of jpegs.