Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill
Hi Rocky,

Yes, I live in California part time and in Delaware the rest of the year. Oddly enough both states have identical laws and that really doesn't bother me. But the laws do not apply to large hotels generaly over 25 or 30 rooms. So it bothers me if a hotel chooses to go completely non-smoking. It is, of course, their choice, but I then can choose where to spend my money.

Last time I went to the Westin it was non smoking in all public areas and I have no problem with that as I respect the rights of others. But, when I am in my room and I'm paying for it, I should be able to smoke in it if I choose to. Whether it is a room for one night, or my home, it is my "castle" and the choice should be mine.

Bill
So smoke in it. What are they going to do... kick you out? They will be making so much money off of this damn thing that they will turn the other cheek.

There was an instance two years ago when Karl & Morgan had a party in their room. There were naked boys running around all over the place. Some hotel patron (not there for internext) walked by the room's open door and saw some nude boys mingling with the crowd of gathered webmasters and called hotel management to complain. The cops were called and otel management became involved.

A few words were exchanged from Chad Beecher to the management of the Westin and the situation was suddenly overlooked and the party resumed.

For the millions of dollars the Westin receives when we arrive for our three days in August (from the price of the convention halls & rooms to food & drinks), I am sure they will overlook a little smoke in a room... I know you wouldn't be the only one who would smoke in their suite.

Rocky