Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Must Have Video Equipment

actually the 250 has optical stabilization that looks great. that's one of the main reasons i chose it.

http://www.dvspot.com/reviews/panaso...ew/index.shtml
    just do a search for stabilization

and i see it for $399 at a couple of reputable places. think i'll just get another of this one instead of messing around with the others. this camcorder has been great for me and i'm very used to it.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    actually the 250 has optical stabilization that looks great. that's one of the main reasons i chose it.

http://www.dvspot.com/reviews/panaso...ew/index.shtml
    just do a search for stabilization

and i see it for $399 at a couple of reputable places. think i'll just get another of this one instead of messing around with the others. this camcorder has been great for me and i'm very used to it.
    See that price I sent you before was not all that low, I guess the prices on that stuff has dropped allot. Good to see optical stabilization will not be a big problem too :thumbsup:

some of the prices on that site are 7 - 8 times lower than the lowest prices at butterfly and buydig. if you buy from there, please let me know how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    See that price I sent you before was not all that low, I guess the prices on that stuff has dropped allot. Good to see optical stabilization will not be a big problem too :thumbsup:

maxpower
    some of the prices on that site are 7 - 8 times lower than the lowest prices at butterfly and buydig. if you buy from there, please let me know how it works out for you.
    Ya sure I will, like I said my bank has my back so not all that worried about this stuff. You have kind of scared me a bit about that site, but I am hard headed LOL. Could just spend the extra 50-75$ and get it from another site I guess, but every time I look at the cam I will remember I over paid for it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Be VERY careful of ANY camera store in NYC area with the exception of B&H, Adorama, J&M. Nearly all of the others are bait-and-switch scams, advertising an unbelievably low price which is available only if you buy a bunch of grossly overpriced accessories.

Buydig in particular has VERY mixed reviews; my guess is that youwon't actually be able to buy the camera at the listed price.

Check resellerratings.com (which is the only site I know that actually polices for fake entries and stores rating themselves) and also

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

which has details on nearly all of the bad NYC area stores.

Others I've had good luck with:

profeel.com (honest, but some of their stuff is greymarket)
    onecall.com (good people, not the cheapest but usually competitive)

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Wow. I looked it up and apparently the 300 does too. Who knew? Guess I need to read the manual more often

so, max - what happened with that store? did you get your camcorder for the advertised price?